Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Digitrax SDN144PS sound decoder in another Thomas. It's by far not my first install of DCC or sound in Thomas. It was a first for the install of two SMD LED's in the front and rear lights, And it was a challange! I've done other bulb and led lighting on Thomas, but this one was very clean and used the stock fixtures.:D
It was also a first for the addition of a modified sound file suppied by Art.:cool:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Alright Sean....you've convinced me. What would that exact conversion set me back to have you do it (BTW...I've got both Thomas and Percy) I'll be adding the DCC system to my layout here pretty soon and I'd hate to disappoint the kids and them not be able to run their Thomas engines anymore.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Holy crap Sean!!! I cant believe u did all that for only $72!!! Thats SWEET! cant wait to get it back!!!! MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,671 Posts
All the voices should be Ringo! :D
I just Googled that to see if you really meant Ringo Starr. Well, I'll be ... I never knew that. I did know (somehow) that George Carlin (R.I.P.) did quite a few voice-overs for Thomas. And my Google find adds Alec Baldwin and Pierce Brosnan to the mix, too. Nice gig, I bet!

Thanks for the trivia lesson!

TJ

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just Googled that to see if you really meant Ringo Starr. Well, I'll be ... I never knew that. I did know (somehow) that George Carlin (R.I.P.) did quite a few voice-overs for Thomas. And my Google find adds Alec Baldwin and Pierce Brosnan to the mix, too. Nig gig, I bet!

Thanks for the trivia lesson!

TJ
Haha no problem! I have all of the Ringo narrated episodes on VHS so those are the ones I grew up watching the most. I really like the single narrator voice like that, when they gave everyone a different voice it made it weird to me. Then when they started animating it I was totally lost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts