Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father passed away and left behind a whole allotment of Lionel accessories. We would like to sell it all together as there is too much to sell individually. I was hoping you all could take a look at this google photo album and let me know what a ballpark fair price would be from a dealer. The dupe pics mean I have 2 of that item.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kQ4ewrEN5q4wRtGA6

Thx for helping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And this doesn’t even show all the engines he had as were keeping those. Any rough guess on value amount?

C

·
0 Posts
I suggest going to trainz.com and clicking on the selling model trains link. Trainz is a reputable dealer. They will make an offer to either buy the trains or to auction them. I don't know if they will pay the most for the collection but their offer will give you a good idea of what you can get by selling them to a collector or reseller.

T

·
0 Posts
Sorry about your Dad Raydog. It looks like he was a Classic O Gauge train guy with an excellent eye for collecting. From Western Pennsylvania probably. I think Country Joe's recommendation to Trainz.com is the best way to go to get a reasonable liquidation value. Somebody published a book of O Gauge train values but that would require a little research for each individual item. It really just depends on the time you have available to look into this.

Emile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts