Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe GRJ or someone here has worked with smaller, but this is the smallest electric motor I have ever working with. I took apart one of the small, inexpensive reomote control cars to pirate parts for a home-made wire-guided car, and this was its motor. 1.5 volts, probalby puts out 1 nano-horsepower.
Tiny motor.jpg

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Lee, there's these cheap remote control cars from China: < $10. They're 3.15" long (scale 12.6'). They may provide a source for powered chassis' as they have articulated steering. They're remote control but that could be bypassed (or leave the throttle function for little ones coming to play :)). The cars have a rechargeable battery, and, I believe, they recharge via attachment to the remote. The remote uses two AA batteries. There's others out there as well. Link

Remote.png

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Thats pretty small. I have some 6mm gear motors that are about the same size as that pencil. That one appears even smaller. Hopefully those gears never bind or the car hits a wall or the stall current will smoke that motor instantly.
This the 6mm gearmotor. The black section houses a 760:1 gear reduction. The screws are 2-56 for comparison. Pololu.com is one source for these.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts