Model Train Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
passwords, usernames...
ugh. can't remember any of them, and even if they're written down, they still don't want to work.
If you weren't born with a digital brain, you're adrift on a stormy sea in today's world. We digital immigrants get left behind by the digital natives who now run the world. I have no idea why the photos I embedded in post #95 transmitted as attachments with broken links rather than embedded photos. No response from Xenforo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
ok. LSO account re-established.
have just been informed that I need either passport, or Ont. ID card, neither of which I have, both of which will take several weeks to get. my exam is Sept. 1. I am screwed.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Odd that no one informed you of this. Maybe if you talk really nice, and present a copy of your ID application and receipts, they will let you stand. Worth a try...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
exams were supposed to be in july, but with Covid, everything is changing. I'm the odd person out, with no drivers licence, or passport. I can defer my exam until October. gives me more time to study.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Derby (my horse) gets a day off, while I run around doing important law society matters. lol starting the ID process, which means putting on real clothes, some makeup, combing hair for photo. then wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive in the mail.
heading to library (because my new computer refuses to recognize my printer) to print request for deferral form, print, fill, copy, send in.
then, ...
some housekeeping, I guess, and will dig out plywood sheet (don't even ask why I have a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 " plywood in my apartment...) get the circ. saw out of storage, and cut a base for my lay-out. I'm attaching handles at each end, so I can lift it easily out of the bench, to make working on it easier. I have styrofoam, to begin shaping land formations. I have a waterfall kit so I can learn how to make realistic looking water for the river that will run through it.
eventually, I'l get glue and paint, and all the fun toys.

so if you'll all excuse me, I need to go paint my nails. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is your licence DCC? I'd recommend DCC of your ok spending the money or comfortable building your own controller. But your trains will need to have decoders as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
my licence? what licence? I have no idea. I am not building a decoder.
my current loco is DCC . I have another one arriving in a couple of weeks (I hope) so we'll see. That one will make the decision, I guess.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I brought it up because DCC controllers aren't cheap, unless you build one ( cost me about $50). If that's a concern for you anyway.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 160 Posts