Model Train Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You have not gone down the rabbit hole or into the vortex until the first time you think of selling the horse to buy more trains. :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
track and controller are arriving by 9 pm today. that was really fast, from Model Train Stuff, and I'm looking forward to playing trains tonight!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've ordered a few times from them, they always have fast shipping and good deals

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
it gets better.
UPS has failed to deliver.
I can't get hold of them.
They haven't responded to my e-mails, OR my questions to their help line.

poop.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
ok, so after much angst, and back and forthing (shunting, yes?) with UPS via twitter private messaging, I finally have my track and controller. it was WAY more track than I anticipated. There are a bunch of interesting parts that I have to learn about. also, I'll need to use an extension cord so I have power. Later on I'll see about getting a power thing and controller that uses batteries.
the bonus is that it came in my favourite colour, sky blue. lol

the curved track will be used for my bigger loco, once I get my original lay-out organized.

this gives me hours and hours of happy play time.
IMG_20200916_121941_resized_20200916_122005579.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
we have lift off. track is laid, power on, engine running! I had to unhitch the tender, it kept derailing. it's coupled too short, but I think I can fix that.
I also don't need the extra bits there, as there's not quite enough room for the by pass.
this will be really simple I think, just grass, trees, and maybe some buildings eventually.

god help me, I'm already looking ahead to the next, bigger one. lol

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Hello, can you connect the 2 turnoffs? Will they take track?
Add some sidings?
It's a shame how you treat your new trains !
Pickup the tender. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
omg I promise never to offend by putting something down on its side ever again. lol I think the hind set of wheels is sticking. they don't straighten coming out of the turn, and it derails. laying it on its side was appropriate punishment.
i don't have the right length of track pieces to connect the turn-offs. That'll be for another LOCAL shopping spree.
also, not quite sure how I'll couple the tender to the engine. will post pics of the issue later.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Carolyn, I am really pleased to see u making such great progress!!
I'm betting there is no Kato solution for connecting that siding, the turnouts are so close together.
BUT it could be an opportunity to try mating the Unitrack to a short piece of flex.:D(y)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I had that same thought.
flex track. either that, or it becomes a sort of 2 level operation. lol
I'm supposed to be studying for my bar exam, I've been called to jury selection, I have orders for about 60 face masks, and my horse is about to begin a new stage in her training, but right now?
I just want to play trains. :D

141 - 160 of 160 Posts