Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having some issues with my TMCC F3 Santa Fe. I can't get it to actually move in reverse. Runs normal when going forward but just sits there when direction is changed. The lights and sound all work in reverse (the lights reverse direction as they should). I took the cover off to make sure nothing was binding and the motors move freely. I reprogrammed it on the legacy remote thinking maybe it just needed to be reset but it had no impact. I also verified the switch was set to run and not pgrm. Any ideas?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about the exact model we're talking about? Off-hand, it sounds like the motor driver or possibly the cable from the motherboard to the motor driver.
Do you happen to have a picture of what the motor driver looks like? Trying to google it but getting mixed results.

I just did a lookover of everything I could see and nothing looks loose. I did notice that one wire looks like it got sandwiched between the shell and base but its not broken best I can tell. It looks like its coming up from the roller. See pic below.

Attachments

·
Admin
44,230 Posts
Check the wiring between the motherboard and the Odyssey motor driver board. Make sure nothing is amiss there. It still sounds like the motor driver, but if it's just one direction, it could be repairable without buying the $100 board. This is the motor driver board.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the wiring between the motherboard and the Odyssey motor driver board. Make sure nothing is amiss there. It still sounds like the motor driver, but if it's just one direction, it could be repairable without buying the $100 board. This is the motor driver board.

Thanks! Was able to find it but don't really see anything amiss to the naked eye. I went ahead and pushed on all the connectors at both the mobo end and driver board end but no change :(. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Admin
44,230 Posts
Thanks! Was able to find it but don't really see anything amiss to the naked eye. I went ahead and pushed on all the connectors at both the mobo end and driver board end but no change. :(
I've fixed a couple recently that has pinched wires and had shorted the driver triacs. I was able to restore them to operation by replacing those parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts