·
Registered
8,517 Posts
If the cars have knuckle couplers (like those on real
train cars) and metal wheels you could expect to get
around 10.00 at a train show. Otherwise, they would
go for 2.00 to 5.00.

You might contact a hobby shop. They might know of
someone who would be interested in buying them.

Don

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
So my fiancé and myself inherited a large sum of random box cars and some still in the packaging marklins. But what I was curious about, is whether any of the cars that are in this bunch are valuable
It's extremely long odds against any old train stuff being valuable, and this lot is no exception. What you have there is trade show / consignment sale fodder.

Without seeing them in detail (couplers and wheels), maybe a couple of bucks each. With body-mounted knuckle couplers and metal wheels, maybe $5 each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are some that I might be interested in, Like the Coors, Edelweiss, and Freeport Sulphur cars. There are others I can't tell because I can't see them very well. It would be good if you had better pics of them...
Awesome that you all inherited the collection!
Marc

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
SIIR3N, it's like this:

When people get tired of their trains, they usually put them in their boxes and store the boxes. As a result, there are a LOT of old model railcars out there--far more than there are buyers. The market is glutted with old railcars.

If you follow the suggestions given above, you might get some money for the collection.

PS. Those guys who offered to buy certain cars from you--they weren't joking about the prices they offered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts