Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and 2 of my buddies discovered a huge warehouse of trains, every conceivable gauge, maker,etc,etc. I bought many boxes of "stuff", not caring really what was in there, mostly digging after parts and such. My buddy picked up a nice small motor 326, and after testing it, it actually runs..He filled the entire back of his Lincoln SUV with totes, bags, and boxes of my stuff. Stuff that I know I'll sell are 3 really nice 322 boiler shells, 2 are for SIT, and 1 is for SIB.. I have a fairly large box of SIT parts, including smoke chambers, motors, chassis, etc..I found a nice Northern chassis, complete, but no pul-mor, therefore a 332(?) There's also a Timken DC motor with mount for Flyers. There's tender shells for Hudson's with no broken steps,a running SIT chassis for a SIT Hudson, complete smoke units, some working, some not, a nice aluminum 661 passenger coach car that I'll keep, and a slew of bumpers that I have to test yet. I'll be going back next week sometime as we just didn't have enough time, ( had plenty of cash).. There were boxes and boxes of rubber road-bed, and I bought a beautiful 944 crane car in perfect condition, with all original hooks and weights, and original green string, with the rarer metallic blue base, (that's why I bought it). I'll get some pictures up hopefully tomorrow. If anyone has a need for some of those parts I mentioned, let me know.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Myself and 2 of my buddies discovered a huge warehouse of trains, every conceivable gauge, maker,etc,etc. I bought many boxes of "stuff", not caring really what was in there, mostly digging after parts and such. My buddy picked up a nice small motor 326, and after testing it, it actually runs..He filled the entire back of his Lincoln SUV with totes, bags, and boxes of my stuff. Stuff that I know I'll sell are 3 really nice 322 boiler shells, 2 are for SIT, and 1 is for SIB.. I have a fairly large box of SIT parts, including smoke chambers, motors, chassis, etc..I found a nice Northern chassis, complete, but no pul-mor, therefore a 332(?) There's also a Timken DC motor with mount for Flyers. There's tender shells for Hudson's with no broken steps,a running SIT chassis for a SIT Hudson, complete smoke units, some working, some not, a nice aluminum 661 passenger coach car that I'll keep, and a slew of bumpers that I have to test yet. I'll be going back next week sometime as we just didn't have enough time, ( had plenty of cash).. There were boxes and boxes of rubber road-bed, and I bought a beautiful 944 crane car in perfect condition, with all original hooks and weights, and original green string, with the rarer metallic blue base, (that's why I bought it). I'll get some pictures up hopefully tomorrow. If anyone has a need for some of those parts I mentioned, let me know.
Where did you come across this treasure trove, if I may ask?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am looking for a S scale full tender with electric plug for my lone 290 Hudson. Like this below....
Wheel Train Rolling Tire Rolling stock

You could always use extra track, track clips, accessory power track connectors, wheel trucks and those old couplers would sell pretty swiftly and you could make a little change for more warehouse diving.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Please do not sell to SF Gal. She is completely out of control. :)

Sounds like you hit the mother lode of mother lodes. I wondered who collected all this? So sad that he (presumptively) did not get a chance to make his dream a reality, but as it goes out to other modellers (like SF Gal), it is reassuring to know that the dream lives on.

In my phases I was a big Tyco Hound for a while. Anything Tyco- and there is a boat load of stuff out there, put me into conniptions. Long story short, a fellow who used to own a hobby shop back in the '80's was trying to thin his estate. He was in poor health, and did not want to burden his children with excess stuff.

So, I get there, he lived but a few minutes away, and I find this avalanche of most everything Tyco ever did. On the back veranda, stacked to the rafters. He was reticent to part with it, for memory's sake, although it was simply unsold stock from when he retired from his shop. I tried my utmost to not salivate all over myself, and was able to garner a few NIB items, much of which I made available to my model train buff pals; even though they were rivet counters, they all started in Tyco and had fond memories. The top of that iceberg. was barely nicked.

I learned that he passed a few weeks later. They used a front end loader to dump this mountain of Tyco into a dumpster, along with all the other unwanted detritus.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking for a S scale full tender with electric plug for my lone 290 Hudson. Like this below....
View attachment 586285
You could always use extra track, track clips, accessory power track connectors, wheel trucks and those old couplers would sell pretty swiftly and you could make a little change for more warehouse diving.
I have those tenders but they need work, cleaning, re-painting, re-lettering. I also have the male and female plugs.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice score Loren. Why is it you east coast guys always come a cross this sort of thing? Seems to be more AF trains out that way. Out here on the fruited plain no such luck. That find is akin to one of us finding a barn with a long stored muscle car in it. Although that has never been my luck, I know 3 guys who have done that. As luck would have it another guy found my '64 Chevelle gasser in a closed corn crib 3 years ago. Since my name was written on the roof just above the drivers door and he knew of me he contacted me wanting to know the car's history. No it wasn't for sale. Just as well because I would surly have sunk a bunch of money into it to restore and raced it which is what this guy is going to do. He saved me from myself. Can't afford to drag race again and buy trains. Besides I sold my hauler. More money saved.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice score Loren. Why is it you east coast guys always come a cross this sort of thing? Seems to be more AF trains out that way. Out here on the fruited plain no such luck. That find is akin to one of us finding a barn with a long stored muscle car in it. Although that has never been my luck, I know 3 guys who have done that. As luck would have it another guy found my '64 Chevelle gasser in a closed corn crib 3 years ago. Since my name was written on the roof just above the drivers door and he knew of me he contacted me wanting to know the car's history. No it wasn't for sale. Just as well because I would surly have sunk a bunch of money into it to restore and raced it which is what this guy is going to do. He saved me from myself. Can't afford to drag race again and buy trains. Besides I sold my hauler. More money saved.

Kenny
There's a reason for all the trains finds here on the East coast; Gilbert did it's manufacturing in Connecticut.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts