Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Most steam locomotives
6 Posts
Myself and 2 of my buddies discovered a huge warehouse of trains, every conceivable gauge, maker,etc,etc. I bought many boxes of "stuff", not caring really what was in there, mostly digging after parts and such. My buddy picked up a nice small motor 326, and after testing it, it actually runs..He filled the entire back of his Lincoln SUV with totes, bags, and boxes of my stuff. Stuff that I know I'll sell are 3 really nice 322 boiler shells, 2 are for SIT, and 1 is for SIB.. I have a fairly large box of SIT parts, including smoke chambers, motors, chassis, etc..I found a nice Northern chassis, complete, but no pul-mor, therefore a 332(?) There's also a Timken DC motor with mount for Flyers. There's tender shells for Hudson's with no broken steps,a running SIT chassis for a SIT Hudson, complete smoke units, some working, some not, a nice aluminum 661 passenger coach car that I'll keep, and a slew of bumpers that I have to test yet. I'll be going back next week sometime as we just didn't have enough time, ( had plenty of cash).. There were boxes and boxes of rubber road-bed, and I bought a beautiful 944 crane car in perfect condition, with all original hooks and weights, and original green string, with the rarer metallic blue base, (that's why I bought it). I'll get some pictures up hopefully tomorrow. If anyone has a need for some of those parts I mentioned, let me know.
I am in the process of restoring/rebuilding 20 or more 312 and 322 SIT locomotives as a retirement project and I am always looking for SIT, linkage and other nonreproduced small parts. I would be interested in buying whatever parts that you do not want to keep. I have enjoyed reading your posts and the useful restoration tips that you offer.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am in the process of restoring/rebuilding 20 or more 312 and 322 SIT locomotives as a retirement project and I am always looking for SIT, linkage and other nonreproduced small parts. I would be interested in buying whatever parts that you do not want to keep. I have enjoyed reading your posts and the useful restoration tips that you offer.
Let me take a few pictures of what I have, and what I can part with. I'm not a fan of the SIT units, but I do have 2 322's SIT that do work great. After you see the pics, we can communicate further through PM..

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here's what I have...2 smoke chambers, missing the nipple/nozzle for the smoke tube......3 insulating gaskets for inside the smoke unit itself...outside plate with linkage , bellows, and inside plate, complete... outside plate and inside plate that attaches to the smoke chamber...top plate with gasket...SIT motor chassis with field and brush bracket assembly, NO ARMATURE, brushes...SIT motor chassis with field. I found a few of the parts shown on ebay, along with the incredibly high prices.The brush bracket alone is going for $30, top plate with gasket $14, SIT aluminum smoke chamber was at $20 dollars each,and the 3 insulating gaskets were $6...Just those parts total $90 dollars, in my opinion, outrageous..Send me a PM of what you think the parts lot would go for, including the 2 chassis.I always try to be fair with my many friends here on the forum, throw me a number and see what happens.You may ask anyone here about my pricing who have boughten stuff from me in the past. I also have 2 very nice 322 SIT boiler shells, and 1 SIB boiler shell if interested
Computer keyboard Input device Space bar Peripheral Circuit component
Wood Computer keyboard Hardwood Rotary tool Slip joint pliers
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Wood Electronic component

·
Registered
941 Posts
I am looking for a S scale full tender with electric plug for my lone 290 Hudson. Like this below....
View attachment 586285
You could always use extra track, track clips, accessory power track connectors, wheel trucks and those old couplers would sell pretty swiftly and you could make a little change for more warehouse diving.
So, what I want to know if SF Gal found a tender, or the other obscure parts she was hunting up?

·
Registered
Most steam locomotives
6 Posts
Here's what I have...2 smoke chambers, missing the nipple/nozzle for the smoke tube......3 insulating gaskets for inside the smoke unit itself...outside plate with linkage , bellows, and inside plate, complete... outside plate and inside plate that attaches to the smoke chamber...top plate with gasket...SIT motor chassis with field and brush bracket assembly, NO ARMATURE, brushes...SIT motor chassis with field. I found a few of the parts shown on ebay, along with the incredibly high prices.The brush bracket alone is going for $30, top plate with gasket $14, SIT aluminum smoke chamber was at $20 dollars each,and the 3 insulating gaskets were $6...Just those parts total $90 dollars, in my opinion, outrageous..Send me a PM of what you think the parts lot would go for, including the 2 chassis.I always try to be fair with my many friends here on the forum, throw me a number and see what happens.You may ask anyone here about my pricing who have boughten stuff from me in the past. I also have 2 very nice 322 SIT boiler shells, and 1 SIB boiler shell if interested View attachment 586675 View attachment 586676 View attachment 586677
The most important pieces, the armatures, are not in your find. I agree with you that the Ebay prices are a bit rich. I have purchased complete smoke units needing rebuilding off Ebay for $50 each. Because of the missing parts and need for wiring, heating wicks, bellows replacement, etc. I would offer $50 plus shipping. Please don't take this offer as an insult. I already have these items and they would be extras for me. Do you have any other surplus Hudson parts? I am good on shells and tenders and boiler fronts. I may have some surplus K5 and Hudson parts available if you need any. In your messages you mention replying by PM. I am new to the forum and do not understand "PM".

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The most important pieces, the armatures, are not in your find. I agree with you that the Ebay prices are a bit rich. I have purchased complete smoke units needing rebuilding off Ebay for $50 each. Because of the missing parts and need for wiring, heating wicks, bellows replacement, etc. I would offer $50 plus shipping. Please don't take this offer as an insult. I already have these items and they would be extras for me. Do you have any other surplus Hudson parts? I am good on shells and tenders and boiler fronts. I may have some surplus K5 and Hudson parts available if you need any. In your messages you mention replying by PM. I am new to the forum and do not understand "PM".
"PM" means private message.I did some more digging around in my parts bins, and found a SIT armature.If we can do $65 with the newly found armature, plus shipping, I can do that.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That’s fine with me. How would you like payment? Let me know the total. Thanks.
A US Postal Money Order works well for me. I'll get this stuff boxed up tonight and have it ready for Monday's mail.. Here's my address for the MO... Loren K. Bock...7012 Tuckahoe Road..Williamson,NY..14589..I'll need your address, please.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,761 Posts
A US Postal Money Order works well for me. I'll get this stuff boxed up tonight and have it ready for Monday's mail.. Here's my address for the MO... Loren K. Bock...7012 Tuckahoe Road..Williamson,NY..14589..I'll need your address, please.
Way back when, we used to do tanker loads to Thatcher up there. :)
Not too many, I think some of the loads came out of there too going down south, we delivered more in and around Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Eastman Kodiak in Rochester.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Way back when, we used to do tanker loads to Thatcher up there. :)
Not too many, I think some of the loads came out of there too going down south, we delivered more in and around Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Eastman Kodiak in Rochester.
Wow, I'm about 2 miles from Thatcher. They had a huge fire there several months ago, burned quite alot...I worked at Eastman Kodak for close to 36 years. It was once a great place to work, not so much now, as far as I know. One of my last jobs there was as a Quality Staff Assistant in the Aerial Films Dept.. We made the film for the U-2 and SR-71 Blackbird.. Any picture you see from the Blackbird was made on Eastman Kodak Film.. I have a beautiful shot of Niagara Falls from a Blackbird at 80,000'.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,761 Posts
Wow, I'm about 2 miles from Thatcher. They had a huge fire there several months ago, burned quite alot...I worked at Eastman Kodak for close to 36 years. It was once a great place to work, not so much now, as far as I know. One of my last jobs there was as a Quality Staff Assistant in the Aerial Films Dept.. We made the film for the U-2 and SR-71 Blackbird.. Any picture you see from the Blackbird was made on Eastman Kodak Film.. I have a beautiful shot of Niagara Falls from a Blackbird at 80,000'.
I did many loads to Eastman, most were denatured alcohols, but Acetone and MEK along with a few glycols went there. The alcohol was a long sample and we could get some sleep. Yeah, I heard most of it is gone now in Rochester.
All the years I delivered the chemicals a few of them blew up, glad I was not there when they did.
And most were caused by someone doing the wrong thing.

·
Registered
Most steam locomotives
6 Posts
[/QUOTE
Need shipping amount unless it’s included in the $65. My address is Richard D. Rheutan, PO Box 1012, Ashland, NH 03217. Will send MO Monday.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Shipping to NH from NY should be cheap enough, it's a fairly light package. The $65 did not include shipping so $75 with shipping to you will be fine.. Anything over that and I'll eat it..Thx..This will go out in Mondays mail.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Shipping to NH from NY should be cheap enough, it's a fairly light package. The $65 did not include shipping so $75 with shipping to you will be fine.. Anything over that and I'll eat it..Thx..This will go out in Mondays mail.
Tracking # is 9505515183512213371869...$75 dollars total.

·
Registered
Most steam locomotives
6 Posts
You money order was mailed at the Ashland PO at noon today.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts