Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I contemplate what I want to add next to my collection it makes me wonder what others have on the top of their wish list. But my question isnt about items you can easily find. Instead, I'm curious about locomotives, train cars or other items you have been wanting and searching for but simply cannot find. Or maybe there something that you sold, lost or got rid of in the past that you miss?

So what elusive item is on the top of your most wanted list?

·
Registered
868 Posts
OMI Union Pacific FEF-1 TTG.
OMI UP 0-6-0 switcher.
OMI UP 650 ton coal station.
Wasatch UP passenger cars.

Everything else on the wanted list needs to be custom made!

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Top of my list
Gresley A3 Pacific
Gresley A4 - Mallard
The Blue Goose
Scale, detailed, with PS3 or Legacy, not tinplate.

I expect to get the third on the list within a year or two, but the other two, who knows?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
1. Any kind of Lionmaster steamer
2. A set of MTH Daylight passenger cars to go with my Daylight Sharknose.
3. A Lionchief Plus Camel Back
4. A Lionchief Plus Alaska Pacific
5. A Williams Heritage SD90 with True Blast Plus.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I’m looking for an MTH premier Santa Fe full length vista dome passenger car or two. I’ve only been looking for a week or so. I thought I would find one right away since they produced them almost every year, but so far all I have seen is a Railking 60 footer on eBay for too much money.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW, so many beautiful trains. The endless choices and variety is one of the most exciting aspects of the hobby to me. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I googled a few of these to see what they look like. Some very unusual locos, but all gorgeous!

That Gresley A3 Pacific, Lee, is a cool looking train. I will need to read up on it a bit. Personally I have become partial to switchers. The OMI 0-6-0 is my favorite of the bunch, beautiful detail. The Camelback is also very nice. A nice steam switcher, ideally something in B&M, is likely my next addition. More research to do.

In the process of Googling these, I stumbled upon a nice resource on the topic of Steam Locomotives that ran on B&M. Lots of vintage train pictures.

https://sites.google.com/site/bostonandmainerailroad/home

Thank you all for sharing. Good luck in finding what you are looking for!

C

·
0 Posts
At York in April I will be searching for:

1 to 3 Aerotrain passenger cars. My Aerotrain only has the 3 cars that came with it and 4 to 6 cars would look so much better.

A Nickel Plate Road caboose to go with my NKP Berkshire and maybe some NKP passenger cars though they are a lower priority.

Railking double stacks for when I want to run more modern trains. I only have one and would like to add more to make a respectable train.

W

·
0 Posts
At the top of the list would be: VL or Legacy Big Boy.
LegacyY6B.
An ATSF 3000 Remake.
Legacy Southern RR Tennessean.
CB&Q E-5 since I didn't order the Sunset 3RD Rail version.
The Orient Express (All 3 Engines) and all passenger cars.

Regards,

Gary.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Let's see,

3rdrail B&A H10 Mikado

Lionel J3a super Hudson with PT tender

3rdrail NYC F3 ABA unit

3rdrail GP7/9 in NYC or B&M if the rumors are true

Anything Rutland from anybody. I have a Rutland Mogul but we all know how that turned out.:lol_hitting: Amazing two diesels made the list as I have no diesels at this point.

I'm always on the look out for something I missed out in the past. Something always turns up.

P

·
0 Posts
I would like to see a re-make of the Acela, or better still, it's replacement, the Avelia Liberty, scheduled to go into service in 2021. But this time, a model that is reliable. Sure would be nice to have a model of the next generation that will run on the Northeast Corridor.

This would fit nicely into our NYC theme.

View attachment 486474

View attachment 486476

·
Admin
43,463 Posts
At York in April I will be searching for:

1 to 3 Aerotrain passenger cars. My Aerotrain only has the 3 cars that came with it and 4 to 6 cars would look so much better
Talk to me Joe, I may be able to help you out. I have to find them, but I can probably help you out with a couple of cars. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Talk to me Joe, I may be able to help you out. I have to find them, but I can probably help you out with a couple of cars. :)
Thanks John, I would appreciate your help with finding the cars. This is one of the cars my set came with. I'm not concerned about duplicate car numbers.

20190222_171905.jpg

·
Admin
43,463 Posts
I have a couple that I'd probably release, I ended up buying an extra set to get a second engine, and I had already bought a couple of cars. I just want a complete 10 car consist, and I think I have a couple extras.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts