Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I misread a question and wrote up this thread. These were collected at a train show. I am not sure if they make them in metal anymore. I think they are plastic and come in a package of 12.

The metal ones fit 027 track. Or you can use an elastic.

For o scale track you can turn them sideways and flatten the base for a better fit.

I keep plenty on hand. Tools also help by crimping the pins . They can be bought or home made. As a last resort dry wall screws work fine. I find the screws do the job best. Also I used scrap wire at one time to hold track together much the same way as the elastics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
There is a simple way to make a good connection between track sections. At the end of the section where the pins are installed, bend the center rail slightly to the right and bend the left rail slightly to the left. Use pliers to bend the rails and grab the rail where the pins are installed so you don't collapse the rail. Bend the rail so that the end of the pin is displaced about the diameter of the pin. Also, make sure the pins and rail openings are free from rust. This works better than anything else you can do short of soldering the track sections together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts