Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So planning all but done, I consider so many of you to be miles beyond me in knowledge so I'm asking.....
What kind of track do you prefer (I don't care for fasttrack so that is out) I am leaning towards Gargraves with Ross switches, but peaking at MTH and Atlas. I guess this is more a matter of opinion then anything else, but here is your chance to brag (or curse) your decision.
Thanks as always....

·
Admin
44,354 Posts
I've used tubular, Fastrack, Atlas, and I'm currently building with Gargraves with Ross switches. If money was no object, I'd go with Atlas and Ross switches, but since I'm not independently wealthy, I'm going with Gargraves but still using the Ross switches.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've used tubular, Fastrack, Atlas, and I'm currently building with Gargraves with Ross switches. If money was no object, I'd go with Atlas and Ross switches, but since I'm not independently wealthy, I'm going with Gargraves but still using the Ross switches.

My thoughts exactly since I too am using Gargraves flex track and Ross Switches. Also Gargraves is easier to obtain than Atlas track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've used tubular, K-line Super Snap, Fastrack and Gargraves. I really liked the Super Snap but it was limited on radius size. That being said, my current layout used Gargraves track and Ross switches. I really like the look and operation.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I guess I’m even less independently wealthy than some of you guys. I use Gargraves track and mostly Gargraves switches. I only use Ross switches where there is no Gargraves switch that will fit the need. Ross switches are better, but the “new” (last 25 years or so) Gargraves switches are OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts