Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few times, over the years I've been on this forum, a few new people have asked if I could post a track plan of my layout. I've always responded that I didn't have a track plan, which was true. Although I did years of research, and scores of sketches, and even a 1/8th scale 3D model of the layout made to fit in our former home, I didn't have a full-blown track plan worthy of posting. Well, I finally drew one, and took digital photos of the plan. The photos need to be enlarged to see them properly. To do this, just click on the title line, like where it says "Track plan 1,JPG" for example. To enlarge it even more, just click a second time on any part of the photo.

My layout is N-scale, and an unusual type of shelf layout. It's a "Bookshelf Model Railroad" with a top shelf or "ceiling" over the actual train level. It's also a two level layout, so there are drawings of each level. There are several "views" since I couldn't fit the whole plan in one photo, and maintain decent focus. I include some "close ups" so the printing is readable. The brown lines are the edge of the benchwork, and the tan area is part of my garage floor.

Traction Fan

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
New guy here. "Track plans of forum members"?? Where is this forum? Is it maybe "My layout" or maybe "Layout Design Forum"? Is it a forum one has to pay to see? Thanks .

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I believe it's in the Layout Design Forum as a sticky, "Here are layouts of our forum members"

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Tractionfan

You have what looks like a very ambitious and fun operating
layout. You bet you should post it in the 'Here are the layouts of
Forum members'. Just go to the 'thread' and post the pics
that you have in this thread
to it the same as you do any other thread. I am very proud of the
number of views to that Thread. I hope it has helped many in the design
of their own layouts.

Don

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tractionfan

You have what looks like a very ambitious and fun operating
layout. You bet you should post it in the 'Here are the layouts of
Forum members'. Just go to the 'thread' and post the pics
that you have in this thread
to it the same as you do any other thread. I am very proud of the
number of views to that Thread. I hope it has helped many in the design
of their own layouts.

Don
Don;

I went to the design forum and added my track plan to the "Here are the layouts of forum members" thread. To do it I "replied" to your post asking people to stick to track plans, and photos, in that thread.

regards;

Traction Fan 🙂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts