Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok new topic..I hope it has not been talked about..;)

Since my hobby was packed for many years I needed a substitute for the hobby. So I bought a computer game..

My computer isn't that great...ah who am I kiddin...it's crap!:thumbsdown:
The game takes up so much memory and my computer cannot supply the demand:( But, it works and It helped keep me happy:cool:

Here are some screen shots of the game.
Some of the locos are from the US and EU.
The game is called Sid Meier's RailRoads! :ttiwwop: :p

There are more photos, just go to my gallery and have a peek:) The game has many more locos, a good selection from the earliest steamers to the TGA high speed train:thumbsup: The game also has mods, but they harsh crash the computer:mad: not to mention the graphics! But with a good computer, you could be up alllll night playing!!..I know, I have:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they have come a long way with graphics!:cool: No, I don't sell the game, just bought the last one off the shelf..heheheh:laugh:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My graphics card is low end..and it just barely works. Oh!! I forgot to mention it's an online game as well:eek: I can play people from all over the world, it's a very addicting game:D I have not heard of *puts flame suit on* game before...hmmm. I can't upgrade my graphics card because it's probaly built into the motherboard:( :eek:hwell:

BTW I like your new caption in your signature:)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
*puts flame suit on*
;)

That is not an actual game... When you type online and surround a word or phrase with *'s, it is like you are doing that action... I said *puts flame suit on* as a reference to how big rigs are a train's biggest competetor and that some people may think it is a "sin" to be into trains and big rigs... It is basically a little joke :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOHHH...ooops:eek::eek: hahaha I knew about putting ** for an action, just didnt get it..lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have had the need to play a train game simulation as a substitute, next best thing to modeling. I found Sid Meiers Railroad Tycoon II Gold was the way to go. Sure its older, 1998 or so and there has been much recent upgrades and versions -- but this game has decent graphics and takes up very little space. I have had many enjoyable hours playing. I also have played the original version back in 1990 but it is not compared to what is available today. Check it out if you have a chance. I wanted to get the Sid Meier's Railroads! but my graphix card won't handle it or rather lack of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Microsoft Train Simulator is very Good.. and lots of (free) add-ons available for just about every road.. Locomotives, rolling stock, routes, scenery add-ons graphics are readily available. Realism is excellent. Lots & free add-ons available at www.train-sim.com.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
I was addicted to an on line game called Air warrior III about 10 years back. If I am ever going to finish my layout, a train simulator is the last thing I need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts