Model Train Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Admin
43,203 Posts
That's some nice detailing there Dano! :thumbsup:

As long as you didn't locate the electronics under the stack, you should be able to get a smoke unit in there.

What electronics are you driving it with? Is this conventional or command?

The MTH diesel smoke unit can be attached to the frame and extends to the shell pretty well. The trick will be getting a shell funnel that mates with the smoke unit. You might look at some of the Lionel Trainmasters, they probably still have funnels available on the parts site.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I took a smoke unit and stack from a SD70. It fit in without too much jiggery pokery. The mounting bolsters had to be shortened 1mm and a couple of holes drilled in the frame. I am running this totally Old School. I had to move the e-unit to the other end. I tried to upload a vid but from my phone, not happening!
As always, thank you for any and all comments.🙂

IMG_2636.JPG

·
Hobo for Life
5,953 Posts
Dano, lol. Ive been away drom the fourm.for so long, and this thread is still live! Looks perfect! Good to see closure on a project! Or almost. !

·
Admin
43,203 Posts
This seems to happen a lot with iPhones, apparently the picture orientation flags aren't properly done, that's all I can think of.

All I do to correct them is to view them with my image viewer and rotate the image until it's right side up and save it. That fixes them 100%, so clearly something is amiss when the image is generated, even though it appears to be correct.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts