Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
LOL, the last movie I watched was Dodgeball, safe to say there were no trains in that... I can not even remember the last time I saw a train in a movie, which I think needs to change :rolleyes:

The last time I saw a train in anything though would be the Discovery channel show, "Smash Lab"... They were trying to think of a way to make collisions with cars less sever... Their solution was to put an air-bad like system on the front of a train... In my opinion though it was a stupid idea and made the train look ghey :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, the last movie I watched was Dodgeball, safe to say there were no trains in that... I can not even remember the last time I saw a train in a movie, which I think needs to change :rolleyes:

The last time I saw a train in anything though would be the Discovery channel show, "Smash Lab"... They were trying to think of a way to make collisions with cars less sever... Their solution was to put an air-bad like system on the front of a train... In my opinion though it was a stupid idea and made the train look ghey :thumbsdown:
You actually watched Dodgeball. :laugh:

"Stand By Me" was not only a great movie IMO. It mostly took place on RR tracks and had some cool train scenes.
If you check out the link in my sig you may just see the oldest train movie ever made. Short and sweet! :D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You actually watched Dodgeball. :laugh:

"Stand By Me" was not only a great movie IMO. It mostly took place on RR tracks and had some cool train scenes.
If you check out the link in my sig you may just see the oldest train movie ever made. Short and sweet! :D
Yea I watched Dodgeball and I have not laughed that hard in ages :laugh:

That movie is pretty cool, I always like those old black and white movies, makes me wish I had lived in the 1800's and early 1900's :(

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
"Polar Express" even though it's animated, most of the Movie is about a train ride with some pretty realistic views of a train. One mistake I would point out now, a "cut lever" usually is pulled up rather than pushed down, I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was watching Donavans Reef 1963 starring John Wayne and Lee Marvin, no real trains in the film. But Lee Marvin is shown playing with an incredible three rail train set, water tower, street lights and just wow!

Night Passage is great, I love Jimmy Stewart westerns, well really most westerns!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Burt vs. Nazis

I just finished "The Train", a real steam engine train movie.
"The Train" is just about the best Train movie you could possibly ask for...the whole French RR worker/Resistance fighters vs. the Vermacht...waiting for the Allies to reach Paris and acts of heroism...plus Paul Schofield as the Nazis Villian ...the Replacement engine vs. the Spitfire race is incredible.. the Train Wreck is insane...and that IS Burt running the engine at full throttle...he also injured his knee so Frankenheimer had him wounded as he was running accross that foot bridge and thus that horrific limp...just one OUTSTANDING Train flick!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Train movies

My all time favorite is Emporer of the North , lee Marvin , James carradine, and Ernest borgnine, great great movie lots of trains , we'll just one really.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
How about Von Ryan's Express with Frank Sinatra and Trevor Howard. Wartime story about hijacking a German train. Good movie.

I liked Dodgeball too!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
i enjoyed watching 'hell on wheels' on netflix, a multi part series [fictional] based on the building of the union pacific through the west .. a very realistic plywood and foam steam loco

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
As I was watching it, I wondered about the wrecks. It was filmed in postware France, and their they were smashing up locomotives like they were going out of style! Then they derailed several, makes me wonder if they derailed them in a manner that they knew how to easily get them back on the track after filming.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Silver Streak...1976

On a long-distance train trip, a man finds romance but also finds himself in danger of being killed, or at least pushed off the train.

Director: Arthur Hiller
Writer: Colin Higgins
Stars: Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor, Jill Clayburgh

Jill Clayburgh's best line: "I give great phone."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts