Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! 20 years ago i purchased a house that had a hidden basement bath house. It was no use to me and I decided to knock out the cement bath and build a train room. I have since moved and have not touched the trains in 30 years. In the down time my wife's father passed and unknown to me at the time had a nice collection of model trains which we acquired. So I begin again making the biggest possible layout, 1/4 of my basement. it is nice size with a straight run of 17'. I have tore it apart and changed the layout 4 times know which i guess is par for the course. Going with the village Xmas theme along with sidings for box cars loading different materials etc. my parents also passed and left many Dickens village buildings to scale along with figurines etc. anyways I certainly will have wiring questions etc. as I go along. it s a lot of fun and I love being able to mix the old and the new!

Tim

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Tim, welcome to the Forum. What scale will you be modeling? I'm guessing O or S since you mentioned the Christmas theme and Dickens buildings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Layout theme

Thanks for the welcome ! I am running 027 and O gauge. Trying to fit it all in on my layout. I am in need of 65049 027 curves to complete the layout. They are hard to come by. t
That is the minimum radius for the larger rolling stock. I will have a town and a section for industrial. even though the layout is fair in size it takes some thinking to get everything on the table with room for sidings etc.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
O-scale forum section

Thanks for the welcome ! I am running 027 and O gauge. Trying to fit it all in on my layout. I am in need of 65049 027 curves to complete the layout. They are hard to come by. t
That is the minimum radius for the larger rolling stock. I will have a town and a section for industrial. even though the layout is fair in size it takes some thinking to get everything on the table with room for sidings etc.
Tim;

Welcome to the forum!

You will probably have a better chance of getting answers to your O-gage related questions if you post them on our "O-scale" section. There are a whole lot of knowledgeable O-gagers over there.

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tim I’m not sure of that part number you listed are you running tubular track? And what radius turns are you looking for? You say you’re running o gauge and o27 are you referring to track or locos and rolling stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts