Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp. I was typing up a long thread about my train show experience this wknd and, once again I got auto logged out and 4/5 paragraghs of info were lost in lala cyber land. Frustrating to say the least... Grrr arrrgh.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suppose I'll try again later. Its just erks me that I always have issues staying logged in here. I am aware that others have the same issue as well. I'm no cyber wizard but darn it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry about losing your post - really annoying and it happens a lot more than it should. I've developed a couple of simple ways to prevent it over the years. The first is to make regular copies of what you are typing to the clipboard, so if heaven forbid, it does disappear, you can paste it into notepad or another session when you reload the page or log back in. Usually it's CTRL-A to select all, and CTRL-C to copy. so get in the habit of CTRL-A CTRL-C every few mins. However I just tried this here and it copies the whole page, not just the post. So you have to select and copy just the bit you want. Another way is to always type things you plan to post in your email compose window or textbox, and then when you are done or nearly so copy and paste the whole thing into the forum. It's tough to remember to do this though - I seem to just go ahead and type a reply most of the time.

·
Registered
687 Posts
There is a section of the forum specifically designed to help members with technical issues. It’s called Forum News, Updates and Help.
If you post your problem in that section an Administrator will be able to assist you and offer advice.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
For longer posts on any forum, I compose in a text editor first.

·
Registered
559 Posts
For longer posts on any forum, I compose in a text editor first.
same...

and for those that dont know..

Notepad++ is free and awesome. you can type away and close the app.. it will keep a temporary file for you even if you did not click save.

when I have lengthy things to type, I will use that from a pc or on android...an app called "Note"

this way i can do as I wish, copy/paste in...

it is really odd that you are having this issue. I know from my phone, while I am typing, it constantly says.. saving... and sometimes when i decide to not post, it says post saved for 7 days... so its a temporary post i can come back to... that can be frustrating...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I think there is someone as MTF that can see what you're typing before you actually post it. Whoever that was might have just decided your story was boring so they dumped it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had this disappearing thing occur in this MTF and in other forums that I visit. I always type all my Forum things into my Word Processor program. It has a good spell checker, a grammar checker, and is easier for me to use. I then highlight the entire page and paste it into the forum area.

LeRoy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think there is someone as MTF that can see what you're typing before you actually post it. Whoever that was might have just decided your story was boring so they dumped it.
I can't decide if this is straight from the horse's mouth, OR as 'ercule Poirot would say, the tongue is firmly in the cheek, no?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts