Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poking around eBay and found a seller who sells 3d printed stands for diesel and steam engines. A simple concept but yet great idea for testing engines. If you are like me, you spend time hunting down shims and such to raise the engines just far enough to get power from the tender but not move on the track.

Here is the link I found (NOTE: I do not know or advocate any of what this buyer sells, just wanted to pass it along):
3d stands for testing engines

The prices seems a bit steep for plastic but hey, if you are the only one with the model, you can charge what you want. I suspect it won't take long to duplicate but still, kudos to the seller for monetizing his idea. Proof that the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease'

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Here's my test stand. I also have one for O scale. It's fun to watch my large steam engines run while remaining still. I ran my Lionel Big Boy on the O scale stand and found out the front drivers were spinning faster than the rear drivers.Never did find out why.....On my S scale stand I can run any type engine on it by placing it on the appropriate bearings.
001.JPG
002.JPG

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my test stand. I also have one for O scale. It's fun to watch my large steam engines run while remaining still. I ran my Lionel Big Boy on the O scale stand and found out the front drivers were spinning faster than the rear drivers.Never did find out why.....On my S scale stand I can run any type engine on it by placing it on the appropriate bearings.
flyernut,
I remember you showing me these in the past and was super-jealous! It would be fun to see the big ones run on these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts