Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
or maybe he meant.......,:D
locomotive-brown.jpg

A TRAIN TIE?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
They're both right, and it's not a stupid question. Everyone here had a starting point, and we're all equals.
For model railroading, the ties are usually some sort of plastic; in earlier years, they were stamped metal. Again, in model railroading, they are usually attached to the sections of track. Those who choose to really indulge in construction may choose to make their own sections of track, using lengths of metal to create the rails: they may use wood, plastic, or metal ties.
Finally, it's also possible to buy extra ties. They can be used to fill in spaces between existing ties to make a more realistic appearance; they may also be used as a car's load on a train, or in a layout to simulate an abandoned line or spur a railroad removed the rails from.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Those who choose to really indulge in construction may choose to make their own sections of track, using lengths of metal to create the rails: they may use wood, plastic, or metal ties.
Tworail actually has some pictures of this process in his gallery... I could not imagine doing this for an entire layout :eek:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
B&M, thanks for the illustration! T-man, don't be shy...show the pic of you in your choo-choo underoos, wearing the necktie!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Do you have any with Industrial Brownhoist cranes? I really had my heart set on those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts