Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running a Lehigh Valley coal drag the other day when the C-628 Snowbird took off at full speed. I hit the red E-STOP button. The loco stopped instantly and remained on the tracks. The coal drag took a split second longer to stop resulting in numerous derailments. Although a number of cars ended up on the ground, none of them tipped over and no coal was lost. There was a group of kids playing by the tracks. They escaped a horrible death by a few feet, but I suspect they will keep playing in the area like nothing happened. The LV wrecker crane just happened to be parked on a siding adjacent to the worst of the derailment. But cars were re-railed by the HOG, not the wrecker. The C-628 was sent to the backshop for work on its speed control tach strip.

Transport Train Scale model Railway Track

Scale model Transport Architecture Vehicle Railway

Scale model Transport Railway Train Vehicle

Scale model Transport Train Railway Track

Scale model Stadium Sport venue Architecture Arena

Scale model Transport Train Track Railway

Scale model Transport Architecture Urban design Miniature

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I bet those kids heard a bunch of noise!! :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a really Nice MTH PRR passenger coach not stop and take a 48 inch plunge to the floor into pieces! I did get it all back together with two new light bulbs it all worked out! I was at the train show in Allentown Pa last Sunday and a brand new engine was knocked on the floor! It went to pieces as 300 people in total unison said” oh no that hurts!!!” It didn’t fair well I was to far away to see what it was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts