Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running a Lehigh Valley coal drag the other day when the C-628 Snowbird took off at full speed. I hit the red E-STOP button. The loco stopped instantly and remained on the tracks. The coal drag took a split second longer to stop resulting in numerous derailments. Although a number of cars ended up on the ground, none of them tipped over and no coal was lost. There was a group of kids playing by the tracks. They escaped a horrible death by a few feet, but I suspect they will keep playing in the area like nothing happened. The LV wrecker crane just happened to be parked on a siding adjacent to the worst of the derailment. But cars were re-railed by the HOG, not the wrecker. The C-628 was sent to the backshop for work on its speed control tach strip.

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I bet those kids heard a bunch of noise!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Disaster averted!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a really Nice MTH PRR passenger coach not stop and take a 48 inch plunge to the floor into pieces! I did get it all back together with two new light bulbs it all worked out! I was at the train show in Allentown Pa last Sunday and a brand new engine was knocked on the floor! It went to pieces as 300 people in total unison said” oh no that hurts!!!” It didn’t fair well I was to far away to see what it was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts