Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
16,666 Posts
In general, are images posted here on the forum by members protected via any copyright laws? I'm naive as to how all of that works re: the internet's mass exchange of info.

TJ

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
In view of the Labor Day weekend, perhaps a friendly burning-at-the-stake could be arranged?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Should I get the troops and take them to Long Island?:cool:

ORD_M-32_40mm_lg.jpg

The M-32 six-shot 40mm grenade launcher.:thumbsup:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
My wife has posted extensively in stamping and scrapbooking. She gets perturbed when someone steals her whole page complete with her html codes, without giving any credit. They have even claimed it as their own.
When confronted in a forum style they get defensive and blame her. Yes, I hear it all, too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
people think just because it's online they can take it and make loads of money off of someone elses work......

Maybe somebody should start a petition if they don't take it down?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Other than image jacking, how are trainworldonline's products? They have several locos that I'd like because of their low prices.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
If you want to protect your photos you will need to put a copyright on them with your name and date. If not they are out there for anyone to use. (Take this advice with a grain of salt, I am not a lawyer, just the son of a trademark and patent attorney)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
That works for me, T-Man. Anton assures me my pics will never be stolen. *L*

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could just take lousy pictures. How do you copyright pictures?
Put a watermark on them. You will see one for every picture in the gallery, that says ModelTrainForum.com in the lower right corner. This helps prevent stealing images without credit...

In the case of the avatar, it's too small to watermark, just more of a nuisance that a business would troll our site and others looking for stuff to pad their website with.

I haven't bothered contacting anyone over there yet, too busy :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts