Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a post which was stopped regarding a bad TRAINZ market experience. Thankfully, the moderators stopped further discussion on that thread.

I have had nothing but good experiences with TRAINZ. I won't rehash that other thread except to say the original poster was not at all happy with his TRAINZ experience.

I purchase quite a bit of rolling stock from TRAINZ. About on average one per month. Although I have more than enough rolling stock, I appreciate that TRAINZ, unlike other dealers or businesses, will usually lower their prices if an item does not sell in ebay's week of time "auction".

I just purchased 2 Rock Island MTH Premier items, newly listed, for about $46 each and $12 each shipping or basically NIB as issue pricing. I personally have never had issues with TRAINZ packaging. My items arrive quickly, well packed and I can reuse the boxes for items I sell, or recycle (no peanuts)

I have only had one or two bad shipping experiences from ebay, overall ebay has been a good source for O Scale items. I am sure some folks have had bad purchasing experiences with TRAINZ but I probably have purchased 30 items from them in the past 6 years with no issue. They respond to my questions quickly and honestly.

I have personally had a good experience with them and appreciate that unlike BRAD'S TRAINS and MJUTRAINS and a few others, they actually DO market adjust pricing if items do not sell. Recommended by me...

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,785 Posts
I recently saw a post which was stopped regarding a bad TRAINZ market experience. Thankfully, the moderators stopped further discussion on that thread.

I have had nothing but good experiences with TRAINZ. I won't rehash that other thread except to say the original poster was not at all happy with his TRAINZ experience.

I purchase quite a bit of rolling stock from TRAINZ. About on average one per month. Although I have more than enough rolling stock, I appreciate that TRAINZ, unlike other dealers or businesses, will usually lower their prices if an item does not sell in ebay's week of time "auction".

I just purchased 2 Rock Island MTH Premier items, newly listed, for about $46 each and $12 each shipping or basically NIB as issue pricing. I personally have never had issues with TRAINZ packaging. My items arrive quickly, well packed and I can reuse the boxes for items I sell, or recycle (no peanuts)

I have only had one or two bad shipping experiences from ebay, overall ebay has been a good source for O Scale items. I am sure some folks have had bad purchasing experiences with TRAINZ but I probably have purchased 30 items from them in the past 6 years with no issue. They respond to my questions quickly and honestly.

I have personally had a good experience with them and appreciate that unlike BRAD'S TRAINS and MJUTRAINS and a few others, they actually DO market adjust pricing if items do not sell. Recommended by me...
You said, "Thankfully, the moderators stopped further discussion on that thread."
So why did you start this one?
You know what will happen......or you should. :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Bryan should be ok, big ed….he stated his piece respectfully and rationally…..he didn’t threaten anybody like the other poster did by throwing out the fact that he was owner of a gun web-site….as if to scare off anyone who dared to state an opinion other than his own….:rolleyes:

That guy was a loose cannon….

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Generally had good luck Trainz especially in the last few years. Had some glitches early on but any issues were resolved without much hassle. Too bad their prices have gone to the atratosphere. Used to get some really good deals there.

Pete

·
Registered
631 Posts
Agreed. Purchased a lot of stuff from them. I had an issue with items a couple times but they were 100% courteous and helpful. Sometimes items aren't as described. I don't consider it a big deal because they've never hassled me about a return. And unlike almost all of the big dealers I've dealt with, the returns never cost me a dime. I can only speak from experience. Trainz has been first rate.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Well, I did business for 15 years with Trainz and never really had a bad experience. I had several big and expensive "misunderstandings" and they always resolved them to my satisfaction.

No complaints after 15 years.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Looks over-welmingly positive to me….
There are many sellers with hundreds of thousands of transactions with 100% feedback. Trainz numbers look good unless you are one of the 163 customers who got screwed.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There are many sellers with hundreds of thousands of transactions with 100% feedback. Trainz numbers look good unless you are one of the 163 customers who got screwed.
Or believe they were screwed.

Two sides to every story. I deal with Trainz quite a bit. Never had a bad experience with them. I have returned stuff and never an issue with returns. eBay is a lot like Yelp. People use it to give bad reviews just for the hell of it, with little or no basis of a true issue. If you work in retail, you see that attitude all the time. Most people are happy…some are just miserable no matter what…

Tom

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Only bought one engine from Trainz and they sent me the wrong engine, but were easy to talk to and the issue was resolved. Now with that said Trainz eBay rating stands at 99.7 which sounds good right? Well this what the so called experts say.

What is a good seller rating on eBay?

The few tenths of a percent between 99.9% and 99.6% say everything about a seller, and the items you are likely to receive. A good feedback rating is 99.8% or above. A rating of 99.5% or below is horrible! eBay only computes percentages for the past 12 months, but archives all of it forever.
so Trainz is a middle of the road seller with some issues. Buyer beware. As always

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Yeah, but that’s always been the big issue hasn’t it? No matter what we’re talking about, it’s always been that way…..99.99% are positive, but there’s that 0.01% that aren’t….

And after my experience in retail, there’s always that percentage that will b** and complain about absolutely nothing, just to b** and complain, so there’s those people in the mix….

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sounds like a 99.7% chance of a good experience... I'll take those odds, better than most restaurants that most of us visit every week. I can't fathom how the so called experts figure 99.5% to be a horrible rating. 99.5% chance you'll be happy

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bryan should be ok, big ed….he stated his piece respectfully and rationally…..he didn’t threaten anybody like the other poster did by throwing out the fact that he was owner of a gun web-site….as if to scare off anyone who dared to state an opinion other than his own….:rolleyes:

That guy was a loose cannon….
that was my take on him also

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Spend your money and roll the dice. I only bet on a sure thing.

·
Admin
46,031 Posts
I've bought stuff from Trainz, my major issue was poor packaging. I had a run of four brass 3rd Rail locomotives, and three of the four were damaged/destroyed in shipping before they got to me. The issue was really poor packaging, but they refunded my money and provided return shipping, so I didn't really lose anything but a little time. I've also gotten several really good deals from Trainz over the years. If they have something I want at the price I'm willing to pay, I'd have no issues buying from them again.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Trainz has evolved over the years. A few months ago I found they had post war parts that I couldn’t find at any of the usual suspects, Super O switch parts to be exact. Also I see they are now offereing boxes of junk like you would find under the tables at train shows but you have to pick them up, they won’t ship them.

Pete

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Sure there is. The sun rose this morning.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.