Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
running old and new equipment

I have three transformers about 5 years old. They are the cheap ones that came with the sets. I can't run the old section gang car. The dealor said it doesn't have enough output.

My question is, if I get a zw four train transformer, can I run the new equipment with out causing any damage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
transformer problem

I purchased a used lionel kw two train transformer. Bought from a local dealer in Wilkes-Barre. Good thing I brought it home and it had a problem shorting out under load. Took it back they will fix it no problem, no charge.
This is why I am reluctant to buy on e-bay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
transformer problem

Thanks for the advice. The hobby shop fixed the problem, a loose wire, no charge and now it works just fine. Like a said I prefer not to by from the internet unless the item is new with a valid waranty. I have used this shop in the past and they are most reliable and hones.

He did recomend that I use 18 guage wire to go from the transformer to the track and other accesories. He said extension cord wire is sufficient and pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.