I again feel safe.
But, the walls are opened,
and I am cajoled to leave,
and I am afraid.
of those who are not.

·
Registered
559 Posts
lol.. get used to it.. my speculation.. 1 more year!!! they closed schools rest of year and are talkin 2021 schools closed!!! and social distancing will b 1 more year...minimum

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Trump approves of Bob's posting.
Makes one stop and thinks..........huh?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Interesting. Who is the man? My prediction is complicated. In the short term a rebound or increases as we relax. In the medium term some drugs that help the more severe cases but are not a cure. People will then be compelled further into making risky decisions. In the long term either a vaccine or herd immunity after immense suffering. Bleak really.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The man? He, whose name must not be spoken.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
The flu comes every year, millions get their flu shot every year, and thousands die every year from the flu. It will be the same for the Corona Virus.

Bill

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It won't necessarily be the same though. Firstly this is deadlier but we don't know the real rate because we are under testing. It looks like an average rate of something like 3% or so but this hides the fact that it's quite a bit higher by age. Secondly we may not get a vaccine. I mean I think we will because of all the resources around the world being thrown at it but this doesn't mean we will... Vaccine development doesn't always succeed. So we may not get a vaccine or it could be years away not months so I think we arenot looking this problem for square in the eye.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Really not surprising that he would approve of something that makes little sense..... :LOL:
Are you saying Bob's thread makes little sense?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not a pre-requisite.

This whole thread is in The Twilight Zone.:alien:

I still think it's Jack...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i liked it. i mean not bad stuff. and that has nothing to do with content as i interpreted it somewhat differently. i mean i think that's a strength because you can take it various ways. maybe you should lay some more on us or start a web site and publish your missives there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It won't necessarily be the same though. Firstly this is deadlier but we don't know the real rate because we are under testing. It looks like an average rate of something like 3% or so but this hides the fact that it's quite a bit higher by age. Secondly we may not get a vaccine. I mean I think we will because of all the resources around the world being thrown at it but this doesn't mean we will... Vaccine development doesn't always succeed. So we may not get a vaccine or it could be years away not months so I think we arenot looking this problem for square in the eye.
I completely agree with you.
But, as far as this thread is concerned just let us take our flights of fantasy where they lead... 🤣

1 - 20 of 33 Posts