Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this guy a few months ago from Mario's trains when he was running a WBB sale. I am very impressed with this little conventional switcher. Typical Williams, very powerful puller and speedy at low power. The color combination certainly stands out on the layout. The diesel sounds is OK, not in the Lionel or MTH category but it is not a $600 switcher either.

Bill

Train Window Rolling stock Track Wood

Train Green Wood Rolling stock Line

Train Window freight car Rolling stock Track

Attachments

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Received this guy a few months ago from Mario's trains when he was running a WBB sale. I am very impressed with this little conventional switcher. Typical Williams, very powerful puller and speedy at low power. The color combination certainly stands out on the layout. The diesel sounds is OK, not in the Lionel or MTH category but it is not a $600 switcher either.

Bill

View attachment 583099

View attachment 583102

View attachment 583100

Bill

View attachment 583099

View attachment 583102

View attachment 583100
Very ... cute :). I believe it has dual powered trucks. If so, you could try wiring the motors in series. That will slow it down at lower voltages.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
Here is the real deal! The Tropicana Terminal in Kearny NJ had a few different switchers during its history. I used to see the “Juice Train” arrive in the mornings, until the terminal was moved to Jersey City…

Train Sky Cloud Vehicle Rolling stock

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
Thanks John. There are some Tropicana cars still left at the old facility. The engine disappeared a few years ago. The place is a trucking terminal now…

Asphalt Land lot Urban design Road surface Building

The New Jersey City facility is much larger. Unless the engine is stored inside, they do not appear to have their own locomotive anymore…

Infrastructure Road surface Land lot Building Urban design

Tom

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is unfortunate that Kader Industries ( WBB parent company ) has not increased their O guage production with all the K-Line tooling they acquired from the Sanda Kan bankruptcy. They have a gigantic production facility in Hong Kong and very, very deep pockets, they could be a major player in the O gauge world if they so desired.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts