Model Train Forum banner

Trouble with ender 3 Z axis

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SRV1 
#1 ·
For some reason my printer is adding 50mm to the z axis on a certain file. Not offset, just added. I printed the file once successfully and it started doing this on the next attempt. If a cancel the print and go back to "prepare- move " z axis is set to 50mm. Clear that, try print again, same thing. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Get an Anycubic Photon. :D

Sorry for being flip. I've never used one, or any FDM printer, so I have no idea. If it's only one file, it's likely something wrong with the file, not with the printer. Probably some kind of error correction that the printer is doing. Can you print a different file without that issue?

#3 ·
Get an Anycubic Photon. :D

Sorry for being flip. I've never used one, or any FDM printer, so I have no idea. If it's only one file, it's likely something wrong with the file, not with the printer. Probably some kind of error correction that the printer is doing. Can you print a different file without that issue?
I am about to pull the trigger on one. Looking at the difference between photon s and the mono?

At any rate, yes other files work. This one did as well, which is throwing me off.

#5 ·
Ok, I'm new to this so I'll have to look into that. Not sure how that would get added, it printed find fine the first run and the cars had not been removed from the printer since.

I'll try looking at it in the slicer when I get home.

I borrowed this printer to see if I wanted to spend the money on one. So far it seems pretty simple. A few failures and issues like this one, but nothing major.

#7 ·
Resolution is often more dependent on the printer than the file. Your printer can only resolve a certain thickness, no matter how tiny you set the layers in the file.

3D printing does have a bit of a learning curve and trial and error, at least until you get the hang of it. I think you'll find it's a worthwhile expenditure.

#8 ·
I'm not sure what happened but I've noticed if a value gets changed in the slicer, the setting stays unless it's changed. I added a pause at layer "x" in a file once to allow for filament change in the middle of a print. When I put a new object in the program and saved it, that pause at layer X was still in effect. I didn't realize it until it got there on the print. Same with other values. Once you change them, they seem to stay until changed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.