Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent it off to have can motors installed. rebushed axles, and pullmor tires. Then sent off to put rail sounds put it (total cool). Anyway runs great clockwise around the trail through right hand switches. CCwise is another story. It wants to go straight rather than turn left onto the switch. Portline hobbies did the work and I have sent an email off to Doug. I thought the would have others scratch their heads as well

dr bob

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I sent it off to have can motors installed. rebushed axles, and pullmor tires. Then sent off to put rail sounds put it (total cool). Anyway runs great clockwise around the trail through right hand switches. CCwise is another story. It wants to go straight rather than turn left onto the switch. Portline hobbies did the work and I have sent an email off to Doug. I thought the would have others scratch their heads as well

dr bob
I have found out by many headaches and frustrations that 95% of my derailing problems have been associated with track and turnout alignment problems. Whether they were not being totally level or having smooth transitions at the joints, the more attention given to good track work is the key! Perhaps our resident expert FlyerNut will say more.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I'm sure Doug Peck test ran your engine and found everything was ok.. Like my buddies have stated, I also think it's your track work..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If you have another turnout, try replacing that and see if the engine will run through without problems. That will narrow the problem down. Sometimes you will get an engine that doesn't work well with a particular turnout and by swapping it out cures the problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys..

I had medical issues and will look it over again at at least one turnout. The one I have checking the most because it is easiest to look straight down the track look OK to this 68 year old guy. The frog looks OK as well. I found a set of turn outs on ebay and will clean them up and replace one to see if it makes a difference. Wil get back to you all when I am able.

dr bob

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I had medical issues and will look it over again at at least one turnout. The one I have checking the most because it is easiest to look straight down the track look OK to this 68 year old guy. The frog looks OK as well. I found a set of turn outs on ebay and will clean them up and replace one to see if it makes a difference. Wil get back to you all when I am able.

dr bob
I didn't know you were looking for turn-outs.. I have several pair that have been gone through and work perfectly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Been dealing with hosptials and doctor types (pancreatic cancer...things going good but it is a slug) so maybe I can try some other diesels and just watch these left hand switches later today. Thanks for the offer of switches. I got a pair from ebay and will swap one out when I get it cleaned up...
thanks
dr bob

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Been dealing with hosptials and doctor types (pancreatic cancer...things going good but it is a slug) so maybe I can try some other diesels and just watch these left hand switches later today. Thanks for the offer of switches. I got a pair from ebay and will swap one out when I get it cleaned up...
thanks
dr bob
Not a problem, keep me in your thoughts about needing any turn-outs.. You are ALSO in my thoughts...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I have bought turnouts from flyernut. He does his magic on turnouts just like he does on AF steamers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the swtich....

For the life of me I could not see anything wrong with the switch but I bought a pair cheap on ebay and cleaned up the left handed one. I replaced it and the engine works perfect at the switch now. Still can see anything wrong with the old one but something must have been a bit out of wack....So we are good!
thanks for the suggestions.... Might send that one off to the expert on this forum maybe he can see what is wrong with it for the heck of it.

dr bob

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
For the life of me I could not see anything wrong with the switch but I bought a pair cheap on ebay and cleaned up the left handed one. I replaced it and the engine works perfect at the switch now. Still can see anything wrong with the old one but something must have been a bit out of wack....So we are good!
thanks for the suggestions.... Might send that one off to the expert on this forum maybe he can see what is wrong with it for the heck of it.

dr bob
If you mean me, do it....

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
If you are going to send it off, send it to flyernut. He knows how to go through the turnouts. I bought a pair from him and they are great. What frustrates us mortals
flyernut thrives on.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
If you are going to send it off, send it to flyernut. He knows how to go through the turnouts. I bought a pair from him and they are great. What frustrates us mortals
flyernut thrives on.
There's a dent in my cinder-block wall where I throw trains and such,lol!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts