Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back into the hobby a week ago and purchased a late 50's, early 60's set. I am having a issues getting the two 1122 switches to work. From the open/straight position they switch to the close/curve position but when I switch it back nothing happens on either of the switches. Not sure if its the switches or the controllers. Is there anywhere I can get schematics, diagrams or videos that show how to test and repair these switches or any other accessories?
Thanks, Jim C

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome back to the hobby.

When I returned to the hobby, I was advised to pick up the Greenberg's Repair and Operating Manual for Lionel Trains, 1945 - 1969. Best advice I could have received. It is readily available at local train hobby shops and on line. Usually about $25.

I would also suggest the Olsen Toy Train website olsenstoy.com/ Right now the website is down but keep checking. Once up, go to their library. Not only do they provide the info contained in the Greenberg book, they provide prewar material as well.

As for the 1122 turnouts, there have been many posts on this forum as well as others. Enter 1122 into the search box and you will find a ton of good information. Here is a link to just one from several years back. https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=4142

Good luck, swede

·
Registered
598 Posts
Disconnect the controller from the switches. With the layout and switches powered up, take a piece of wire, and jump the ground connection (nearest the solenoid) to first one of the other terminals, then the other terminal. The switch should throw in both directions. If this works, the switches are good and the problem is the controller. Make sure the controllers are wired correctly, and hooked up to the switches properly.

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts