Model Train Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Know what you mean, just didn't the get the initials. Like I said earlier I wanted to post a short video showing the CV changes on the GP9. Don't know what you have to do to post after getting a message that a TOKEN was missing. Anyone have an idea???
Not sure myself about that one honestly.. I generally post to YouTube and then simply copy the link into the post in which I am replying.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is the video I was trying to show re the CV changes on the GP9. It is on Youtube

DSCN2487 CV changes on Athearn GP9 with Tsunami 2 decoder

·
Registered
555 Posts
Here is the video I was trying to show re the CV changes on the GP9. It is on Youtube

DSCN2487 CV changes on Athearn GP9 with Tsunami 2 decoder
Your link didn't come through. Try again,I know im interested..

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
GP9 vs SD60e sounds

Just another question. The SD60E's engine increases in sound level like it's working harder when climbing a grade and decreases on descent. The GP9 with the same Tsunami2 does not. Which CV controls that sound? Thanks and Happy New Year

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just another question. The SD60E's engine increases in sound level like it's working harder when climbing a grade and decreases on descent. The GP9 with the same Tsunami2 does not. Which CV controls that sound? Thanks and Happy New Year
That's the dynamic digital exhaust I was telling you about. Below is what I used to set mine..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I followed the video and made the CV changes described. No apparent difference in sound. I wonder if the sound is based on the Prime Mover that is assigned to that engine. In other words if I were to pick a different PM that is not prototypical for the GP9 it would react differently to the CV changes. May try it later.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I followed the video and made the CV changes described. No apparent difference in sound. I wonder if the sound is based on the Prime Mover that is assigned to that engine. In other words if I were to pick a different PM that is not prototypical for the GP9 it would react differently to the CV changes. May try it later.
Mnnnn. I wouldn't think so, but iit may be based off which and whether your using the second mixer(this is just a stab in the dark).. I'm using both, and there are certain things on each.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I looked at the video and it doesn't seem to pertain to the situation I am observing. According to Athearn my GP9 which was UP#216 had an EMD567 1st Gen Ver 1 Prime Mover. There was also a 567 Ver2 and a 567D Turbo PM used in other GP9's. The PM in my GP9 hardly changed sound when held back with my hand. Ver2 was much louder when held back. The Turbo version literally screamed when held back. I switched to the Ver2 PM as a compromise. So if anyone asks I will tell them that some rouge mechanics at UP changed the engine without informing management. I hope I don't get in trouble with the HO police.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I looked at the video and it doesn't seem to pertain to the situation I am observing. According to Athearn my GP9 which was UP#216 had an EMD567 1st Gen Ver 1 Prime Mover. There was also a 567 Ver2 and a 567D Turbo PM used in other GP9's. The PM in my GP9 hardly changed sound when held back with my hand. Ver2 was much louder when held back. The Turbo version literally screamed when held back. I switched to the Ver2 PM as a compromise. So if anyone asks I will tell them that some rouge mechanics at UP changed the engine without informing management. I hope I don't get in trouble with the HO police.
Lol, cool then! Glad you worked it out. And you can always turn the volume down if it scares them too much..

But I love that feature!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts