Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I am working my layout towards the 1900 era. This photo was taken in 1907 a few miles from where I was raised. Plenty to read about the history of Pittsburgh,PA railways at, brooklineconnection dot com.
My question is this; can someone tell me what this loco is called? Clissification etc.

TIA
Scot

"It is always better to be seen, than viewed."

Attachments

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
It looks to me like a 2-4-0. I don't see a second wheel on the front truck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't think PRR ran a 2-4-anything - if that is of any help. Regional road perhaps?

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Although I knew what you meant in the title of your post, one has to remember that trains have been operating over two "turns of the century" now. :laugh:

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Looks a little small to me. Narrow gauge, perhaps? I scanned the linked page above and didn't see anything.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is indeed narrow gage. 40". There was also another spur/coal railroad in the area of 36" gage. I Pulled the image from "the brookline connection" dot com. That would be Brookline of Pgh, PA. Not MA.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P&CSRR

Here is a different view of same loco' from Pittsburgh & Castle Shannon Railway from the brookline connection.com

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
While I'm not aiming specifically at the turn of the 20th I have a "No automobile" rule on my layout. Of course, I ended up with a half dozen diesels despite my best efforts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Despite best efforts"

While I'm not aiming specifically at the turn of the 20th I have a "No automobile" rule on my layout. Of course, I ended up with a half dozen diesels despite my best efforts.
Ha! Yep, some 20+ diesels laying around here. Some of which I love to use since having them over 45 yrs. Trying to get up the gumption to sell off a bunch. Hard to do ya-know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts