Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Regretfully, we are taking offers on two postware O Gage Lionel Train Sets. These sets were my grandfather's, and we would like to see it go to someone that will enjoy it. We have been storing it in a closet and just don't have the room to set it up and enjoy it ourselves.

These sets are complete with catalogs, booklets, tracks, switches, power supply, and even a Lionel record! Some of the original smoke pills and pill bottle are still here! The first set is a freight line complete with a milk car and coal car that dumps, Baby Ruth Box Car, Engine, Coal Tender, Log car, Barrel car, Caboose. The second set is a passenger car set with engine, coal tender, and three Pullman cars.

Photos of the cars can be found below:
http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/trainsphotos/

What is not shown are the tracks, a couple of lights (one set on a tall tower, others crossing lights that flash), and switches etc. Please email with questions.

For most of the boxes, if a flap is missing, we have the flap.
The only thing that we believe is missing are the milk jugs for the milk car. My grandfathers notes are included with the set.

We hope to have this sold by the end of July. Please make an offer by pm or reply. The highest offer will be able to purchase the set at the end of the month-if you have the highest offer, you will be able to inspect the set and refuse to purchase if you need. If you want to take a look at them before putting an offer in, pm me and we will set something up where you can take a look at them! It is possible that someone will offer enough to take them right away, and if that happens, we will sell them before the end of the month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My feedback

I have been thinking about where to try to sell these trains, and considered ebay etc. but I would rather an enthusiast purchase them than someone trying to make a quick buck, that's why I am listing them here. But it dawned on me that I can offer my Ebay feedback for review. Feel free to check my ebay feedback for an idea of the quality of the items that I have sold. Mostly car parts etc. but should give you some peace of mind if you are interested. My ebay id is jcp907. As mentioned if someone wants to inspect the trains ahead of time, we can do that.

Thank you!

Jay

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Holy smokes, those Pullman cars are beautiful! I myself am an O scaler, and if I had cash I would be PMing you with an offer right now in stead of posting here... I do not though since I am currently looking for a job and the little money I do have needs to go towards my college tuition, at least until I find a job ;)

It would be really cool though if someone around here bought these... I know there are a couple other O scalers out there :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts