Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a thread to keep everyone in the loop on my HO-related projects.

Nothing big really, I have 2 structures being built right now, a POLA restaurant/deli, quite small, and a very finely detailed Faller signal tower which is going to be impressive when done. I'm taking it slow to make sure everything is done right.

Currently holding me back is all my brown colored Humbrol paints have gone bad, and aren't mixing properly, so the paint is runny - no good. Need a trip to the hobby shop this weekend to get some more.

I also need to get two platform extensions for my recently completed Waldbrunn station.

I have a bunch of electrical related stuff for some of my Marklin locos - the BR 50 steamer blew it's speaker quite soon after I got it, practically the same day for crying out loud, so I am going to fit an ESU speaker and new resistor so it doesn't blow, which voids my warranty but I don't want to send it back to Germany for repair.. or US.. maybe they have a repair depot there. But they will just fit another crappy speaker, so probably not much point.

My Brawa E - lok needs a new decoder, same with the Swiss AE 3/6 electric lok. Real exciting stuff. Thankfully the decoders are only $40 for the basic ones, no sound but MFX compatible. I'll post up pics when I get a chance.

The wiring of the Swiss loco is different, since on prototype Swiss locos one of the rear lights remains on while the loco is going forward, so there is some extra wiring to be done. Hopefully I can find a schematic for this somewhere...

Anyone who has some stuff cooking should post up a thread and keep everyone in the loop, I'm always interested in what people are working on, big or small.

·
Registered
289 Posts
WOW, you have alot cooking there buddy. lol. I can't wait to hear more and see some pics.
I have very little on the stove at the moment. My hobby shopping list is growing though.
The main thing I am cooking up now is frogs. Still working on the recipe but it is starting to taste pretty darned good.
I hate it when paint goes bad. :( Never had model paints go bad. One time though, I decided to put fresh paint on the walls of the house only to find the paint turned moldy and the smell................WOW! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Where is the barf smiley? :D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That is a lot of stuff to do... I wish I had dedication like that... LOL, look at me, I have a few simple things on my plate (restoration stuff) and I am just too lazy to do anything... Oh well, I need to get cracking, and I should as next week is vacation :thumbsup:

And for Alfalfa -

http://forums.explosm.net/images/smilies/barf.gif

·
Registered
289 Posts
So, when are we going to see some pics of the new project? :)

Thank you for the barf B & M. :D

I got some new ground cover this weekend and am laying some roadbed. Still working on using up my film before I post the pics. Started working on a river also. I love the hobby knife I found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts