1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No politics for this one..PLEASE.

Air pollution clearing due to coronavirus lockdowns
https://news.yahoo.com/air-pollution-clearing-due-coronavirus-092231222.html

In countries and regions that have been under strict lockdowns to stop the spread of the coronavirus, an unintended consequence is visible from space. As businesses, industrial sites and factories closed, and cars and trucks stayed off the roads, the amount of pollution being generated in countries like China and Italy dropped dramatically.

Satellite footage shows a dramatic reduction in air pollution over China and Italy between December 2019 and March 2020 amid the #coronavirus outbreak

·
Registered
28 Posts
No politics for this one..PLEASE.

Air pollution clearing due to coronavirus lockdowns
https://news.yahoo.com/air-pollution-clearing-due-coronavirus-092231222.html

In countries and regions that have been under strict lockdowns to stop the spread of the coronavirus, an unintended consequence is visible from space. As businesses, industrial sites and factories closed, and cars and trucks stayed off the roads, the amount of pollution being generated in countries like China and Italy dropped dramatically.

Satellite footage shows a dramatic reduction in air pollution over China and Italy between December 2019 and March 2020 amid the #coronavirus outbreak
Good news amoung the bad. Maybe we can learn something now?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I wonder if the main stream media will report this?

UPDATE: Apparently Yahoo News got this from CBS. My bad... :eek:

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
What happens after this crisis is over and the factories re-open?
From what I've read, there will be a "kickback" effect, making it worse than before as they try to make up for lost time.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm sure it was unintentional, but doesn't using a term like "main stream media" put some political spin on your comment?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
By "main stream media" I am referring to the group of most popular networks. There are those other lesser-known sources, mostly online as far as I know. I kinda listen to a variety of them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Enjoy it while it lasts.. as soon as we put this virus to rest every thing will kick in to over drive. Making up for loss production and I am certain to accomplish this employees will be pulling longer work hours for a while.

if I must listen to any network news FOX is the only source (once a month maybe..). However, I get my news from online sources whether by reading or watching clips. They are much more reliable and not the constant nonsense like a broken record that no one cares about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts