Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like it's a live steam locomotive, but I have no idea of it's manufacturer.
It is a model of PO 3511. But I cannot find the manufacture either. Here is some more pictures.

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
You will never get that running !
How much do you want for it? :p

Sorry, I can't help you any, I have been searching, if I run across something I will post it here.

Cool :smilie_daumenpos:
Do you have the tender? (coal car)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
You know your missing wheels for it?
Looks like standard gauge?
Or G scale?

·
Registered
624 Posts
That looks like a live-steam engine that isn't going to run again without A LOT of work by someone who is skilled in that kind of building (live steam).

Definitely European and missing the tender.

Probably good for a conversation piece, but not much more.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I don't know about the other scales but G scale had a number of live steam locomotives. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will never get that running !
How much do you want for it? :p

Sorry, I can't help you any, I have been searching, if I run across something I will post it here.

Cool :smilie_daumenpos:
Do you have the tender? (coal car)
No, I dont have the tender!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi. The full size loco was built for the Paris-Orleans railway so was French and looks like a 4-6-2 wheel arrangement or 231 as the French call it. I cannot find a reference to this particular loco.
As the French are not well known for live steam models it is probably German so possibly made by Marklin or Bing of Nuremberg.
What is the track gauge - measure between the wheel flanges. 45mm ( 1.75 approx) = Gauge 1 and 32mm ( 1.25 in approx) = Gauge 0.
These are common gauges for spirit fired live steam locos like yours and will help in narrowing the search.
Colin.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It does look like British prototype..And not only is it missing its pilot and pony trucks, it's missing a tender !..
If you don't foresee getting it working again (ugh!) I'd put it on a shelf on a comparable size piece of track, with tender, and scale plastic trucks (just floating/not really attached), as a display...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts