Model Train Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
in one consist is different than running separately in DC. Yes, how do you get them to run together under DC? Use all the same make and model and hope they are matched well enough to run together? That was always a big problem with DC if they weren't well matched the locos would fight one another resulting in "jerky " operation.

in one consist is different than running separately in DC. Yes, how do you get them to run together under DC? Use all the same make and model and hope they are matched well enough to run together? That was always a big problem with DC if they weren't well matched the locos would fight one another resulting in "jerky " operation.
Yes, typically run the same brands together and they are usually fairly close in speed but not perfect. If I'm running 2 locomotives I put the slower unit first, that way the rolling stock slow down the faster loco. This way the slower lead unit is helping instead of being dragged if the lead unit was the faster one. When I've pulled over 200 cars the I have 1 lead loco and the rest are dpu's. I'll adjust how many cars are between each loco to adjust for speed differences.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.