Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Nice, I have the caboose. I didn't know there were other cars too.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The consist looks ok but would look a lot better if it were a UPS train. :D
Spence, Lionel has done a bunch of UPS boxcars but they all are traditional size. It would be great if some manufacture did scale UPS boxcars.

Bill

·
Premium Member
9,787 Posts
Yeah, why would you like an organization that was instrumental in creating the America of today....

The history of the post office is nothing less than the story of America. Of the nation’s founding institutions, it is the least appreciated or studied, and yet for a very long time was the U.S. government’s major endeavor. Indeed, it was the government in the eyes of most citizens. As radical an experiment as America itself, the post was the incubator for our uniquely lively, disputatious culture of innovative ideas and uncensored opinions. With astonishing speed, it established the United States as the world’ information-and-communications superpower.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The hook for me was the Ted Rose paintings on the cars. I also have the matching stamps and prints that were issued.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I collected stamps as a kid, worked for the PO for two of the longest years of my life, (bigdodgetrain's right, it ain't easy) and the only time I get an undamaged package is when it's been delivered by the USPS.

So...call me biased, but I really like that set! Love that there's no graffiti either.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Cool Amtrak scheme. Did the train operate in revenue service?

Bill, the Postal Service train is a nice theme. The cars are really interesting. The engine model looks spot on too.

Besides a few RPOs, the only mail car is a Amtrak 60’ material handling car. They were the type used to haul mail between NYC and Washington DC...

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts