Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are just heartbroken today. Yesterday, we had to put our beautiful little Belle to sleep. After a trip to our cat vet for breathing difficulty and fluid retention, a ct scan revealed she was filled with cancer. After 14 loving years with her, we could not let her suffer. She was the sweetest, most gentle cat you could ever want. Her pain is over but ours remains.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Nick, so sorry about your sweet Belle. Beautiful cat. Very tough to lose a pet.
She was a family member. My son has a black cat that is the opposite of Belle.
Not sweet and not gentle. She, name is Baby, will rip your arm off if you try to
pet her. I really feel sorry for her. She was dumped by her mother just as her
eyes opened. My son had to bottle feed her for awhile. Mom was a feral cat and
Baby has the traits. She loves my son and pretty much hates everyone else.
She tolerates me because I baby sat her during the day while my son went to work.
She is so gentle and loving to my son. She is only 8 lbs. But ounce for ounce the meanest cat I have seen. Now you know why I feel sorry for her. My son has a roomate.
been in my son's house for 3 years. Baby hates him and has ripped his arm a few times.
She growls, like a dog, if he comes in the room. Feral cats can be a problem.

Again, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
We've had a number of cats over the many years. The best and most loving was Tinker, who was with us for 21 years. Parting is not sweet sorrow, it's horrible!

I know you will miss her, but I hope you take solace in fond memories.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Machinist, I make it a point to stay away from this part of the forum because I'm afraid of divisive subjects like religion, politics etc. After all we're here because of what we have in common. We like trains.

In this case we have something else in common. A couple of years ago I had to put down my cat Imogene. Imogene was named after a song like my forum handle. I loved that cat and it's easy for me to imagine you feeling the same way about yours.

I'm sorry

Paul

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish to sincerely thank everyone for their kind comments and words of support-it helps. Once a pet(doesn't matter what kind) is in your home and heart, they ARE family.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I wish to sincerely thank everyone for their kind comments and words of support-it helps. Once a pet(doesn't matter what kind) is in your home and heart, they ARE family.
Pets are DEFINITELY family. I am so sorry for your loss. We had to put our beloved New Moon (a black DSH) down 3-1/2 years ago. She stopped eating, and when we took her in, they found her kidneys had failed. So, we could have taken her for dialysis twice a week, but we didn't think there would be any quality of life for the cat. She was only 9 as well. She was the fifth animal I've had to put down, and it never gets any easier.

Perhaps, after an appropriate time, you will be ready to adopt another. We were, and a visit to the Old Lyme Animal Shelter brought Sirius Black (around here, it does seem to be true that no one wants black cats), aka Bungie, into our lives. The scrawny, scraggly-haired kitten we brought home blossomed into a perfect Maine Coon -- all 18 pounds and 44 inches (nose to tail) of him. He is a delight -- cuddly and playful, and always getting into trouble.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
I'm not a cat guy, but I've had several during my first marriage...However, pain is pain, and pain comes with love...I've had that sad day come many times, and it doesn't get any easier.. At one point I had 5 dogs, I thought it would be easier when one crosses the rainbow Bridge..it doesn't help....My oldest dog, a chihuahua, was very sick, and we thought that day had come.. We took her to the vet, and I cried all the way there, and during the visit.. I've had much pain in my life, but NOTHING compares to the pain of losing an animal..Anyways, the vet put her on some meds, and she's still with us..I have to carry her up the stairs and such, but it's worth it...By the way, her name is Belle, also..God bless my friend...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very sorry on your loss. We have lived with cats and dogs in the family for over 40 years,and when one goes, it never becomes easier regardless of how many you have lived with. Each is a unique being and personality. Hold onto your happy memories of her.

JOHN (and CAROL)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts