Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new project a few weeks ago. I was having some trouble with long wheel based locos on the S turn leading in to the Janesville viaduct. So I decided to move the bridge and eliminate the tunnel while in the process. The trains will have a much straighter run crossing the bridge which will relieve stress on the car couplers allowing for longer maybe 100 car trains. I also started a second curved wooded bridge just down rails from the Janesville viaduct.

new_bridge_1_2.jpg

new_bridge_3_1.jpg

fb_wooden_trestle.jpg

wooden_bridge_96.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All most finished with my wooden bridge project. The local hobbies shops didn't have small enough scale wood for me to finish the bridge's hand rails. I'll have to order some. I think I may have over stained the walkway but I did just applied it. Maybe it will look better when it's dry, otherwise I'll have to fix it. The next time you see the bridge will be in a video I'm doing. The video will also include some volunteer fireman, doing their thing?

wooden_bridge_88.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magic you wouldn't know what size scale wood I would need for the walkway hand rails? I think it would be a true 1 inch by 5 I'm guessing. In scale wood that would be what?

George

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
A scale one inch in HO is about the thickness of light card stock. You could cut this from a strip of cardstock and save yourself an internet order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts