Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I would think the guiding wire or track is under the road surface. How thick is the material between the road surface and the actual guiding track?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Nice work Lee. I thought about this for my railroad too, but I have no turn around area.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work Lee. I thought about this for my railroad too, but I have no turn around area.
Well, I had to get creative to fit the turn arounds where I did, but you don't need a lot of space. You need a minimum of about 15 inches width. A 12" diameter curve (measured in the center of the road, where the iron wire is buried) is about the sharpest I would try with O-Gauge, and I actually got managed to fit in 17" curves at both ends (20 inches from outer curb to outer curb on mine. .

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is very cool. Great job there for sure. Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Let me join in with a big KUDOS! Great job in completing the autobahn and super video to let us all see the result of your efforts. You never cease to amaze, Mr. Willis.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Nice. Probably the neatest thing I ever saw over at OGR was a video of your country highway with big rigs traveling along it. And the new main street is just as neat. Nice to see you are posting videos. I’m too lazy to do it.

And I see that Vera Lou is driving a T-Bird these days.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Excellent first video, Lee. It demonstrates that the new system is a HUGE improvement over Streets; and you succeeded in making Main St.'s surface, striping, etc. appear very prototypical.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That was great. Very impressive. But I don't think the cops directing traffic were keeping their 6 ft social distancing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts