Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Good looking layout. Nice to see HO running at a realistic scale speed instead of 100 mph around the track.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Jim, I did enjoy your videos (but got a bit seasick there at the end! :laugh: ) Your scenery is excellent and I agree with MichaelE about the train speeds.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim, I did enjoy your videos (but got a bit seasick there at the end! :laugh: ) Your scenery is excellent and I agree with MichaelE about the train speeds.

Sorry 'bout that. I forgot to stop filming before looking for the next scene. But I am sure you knew that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might as well post one of the farm at noon and early evening. I use LED ribbon lights mounted in an aluminum trough in the ceiling. I have a dimmer switch to control to the the effect of sunlight.

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Do the cows have any issues crossing the rails? I worked on a missile base in Missouri, and several of the silos were in the middle of farm fields with live stock. the entrances had a series of angle iron grates to keep the cows from crossing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the cows have any issues crossing the rails? I worked on a missile base in Missouri, and several of the silos were in the middle of farm fields with live stock. the entrances had a series of angle iron grates to keep the cows from crossing.
Nope. The cows haven't moved in months. :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
I love the videos!!! The layout looks awesome! I am a bit jealous on how smooth the engines operate! How do you do this?? I have been working on mine forever to achieve this!
Do you run dcc , or dc?
I have to assume it is dcc. I also assume you are not running ez track lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the videos!!! The layout looks awesome! I am a bit jealous on how smooth the engines operate! How do you do this?? I have been working on mine forever to achieve this!
Do you run dcc , or dc?
I have to assume it is dcc. I also assume you are not running ez track lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the entire layout runs under NCE DCC. All track and turnouts are Peco code 83. SMAIL motors used to operate the turnouts.

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
A lot of good work and it shows.

You know what...I was very impressed with your
sky background...it was so right that it may not
be noticed.

Don

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I worked at the LF's from that same base. W31670G.

They had those cattle grates at a lot of the LF's.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
An amazing layout Jim and the scenery is top notch.
Got a question, what is the crop in front of the tractor in the second pic
in post 8? It looks great and I have a space that sure could use something like that.
What did you use and where did you get it? It looks super.

Thanks Magic

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Good quality video.
What camera and settings did you use?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good quality video.
What camera and settings did you use?
All the pictures and videos we taken with my 3 year old iPad. No settings, no photo shop enhancements. The only thing that I can do is zoom in or out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice layout. You've got the eye for it. Everything you need to make your world work is right there; no more no less. Good job. I wish I was that talented.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts