Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting a recommendation to sptrains in the G scale forum, that he and his son watch "Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit", it occurred to me that there is a Wallace and Gromit model railroading tie in.

Wallace and Gromit, for those who may not know, are claymation characters that originated in a series of short films by British animator Nick Park. Wallace is an eccentric inventor and Gromit is his dog, who is smarter than he is. "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" was the first, and so far only, full length major theatrical release of Wallace and Gromit. The producers made "Chicken Run" prior to Were-Rabbit to gain experience in making a full length feature.

The three Wallace and Gromit short films are available separately from Were-Rabbit on a single DVD. The second in the series, "The Wrong Trousers" has a chase scene in which Gromit pursues the villain on a model railroad train, sitting on the loco and laying the track in front of him as he goes.

If you have children, I'd recommend adding the Wallace and Gromit DVDs to your video collection.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll have to check that out, I've seen the were rabbit, but will grab the other DVD set. I love British TV, my favorite shows are Top Gear, That Gramm Webb Look, & Kitchen Nightmares. BBC America Rocks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts