Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone build one? I'm just about done but trying to put the pieces together where they go.

So far, I have the silos on the frame over the track and the elevator beside it. At the bottom of the elevator is an intake hopper. So far so good. Then there are a set of 3 hoppers together by themselves with 2 portable conveyors. Where the hopper set goes is the ? On the box, it's opposite the elevator on the other side of the track. Why there? I want this to make sense. Not so far.
Plus there are bunch of extra parts (and #s) not on the instruction sheet but I can use them somewhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried to edit but ??
The extra parts are many, almost like another kit. Not in the instructions or in the pic.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
The extra parts are because Walthers uses a lot of common components, and rather than curate every kit, they just throw a pack of windows or whatever in the kit. Sometimes, they include parts for several different configurations. I just keep the extras for use in a future kitbash.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
These pics were just for photography's sake (kicks & giggles)... off the layout.
It still hasn't been placed.
DSC04666.jpg
DSC04670.jpg

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Every kit from Faller, Kibri, Auhagen, and others I have built all have extra parts made for a variety of other kits. Mostly left over doors, windows, and misc. parts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow............very generous of them. Just dumping extra?
These were like 4 sheets of industrial parts- building, pipe works, extra conveyor....that I got

1 - 11 of 11 Posts