Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am Robert Heller, owner of Deepwoods Software, and I am looking for people to test my Model RR software package, The Model Railroad System. I am partitularly interested in people to test it under MS-Windows, since I don't have any MS-Windows systems to test it with (I have several Linux systems and one MacMini). Contact info below in my sig.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the difference between this and JMRI?
1) It is coded "closer to the bare metal" -- it is a mix of C++ and Tcl/Tk. It does not need any additional software (eg the JRE) installed and it is faster and uses less system resources (JAVA tends to be something of a pig sometimes).

2) It includes some applications and libraries the JMRI does not include (and I am not sure will ever include): There is a time table application, a freight car forwarder program (using switch lists). It also has support for the Azatrax collection of USB interface boards (JAVA has poor support for non-TTY USB devices).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
How does it compare to Train Controller with regard to automated train collision avoidance and transponder equipped decoder locations?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it compare to Train Controller with regard to automated train collision avoidance and transponder equipped decoder locations?
Presently unsupported. If someone can point me at a specification of the interface logic of the transponders, I could write the code to implement it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts