Model Train Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I'll wait until the VS folks come along and rescue me.
Might be a long time, the question I asked you about non members sits unanswered on the site. I know Cricket was on after I posted it. I copied it and sent it on to the site itself.
No answer, I doubt if I ever will get one.
The hell with it, if they don't care I don't.
It is their loss of members, let everyone do whatever they want and they don't even have to be a member.
About the only thing they can't do is post.

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Lets make this like other sites, I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry looking at all my stuff.
This is a public forum so guests will be able to see your posts.

That being said you can choose your privacy settings for your profile, etc.

- Cricket

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
This is a public forum so guests will be able to see your posts.

That being said you can choose your privacy settings for your profile, etc.

- Cricket
Yep I know that, but right now they can do just about anything they want except post.
On the old format John fixed that, a guest should NOT be able to click on profiles and some other things unless thy are a registered member.
A lot of forums limit this to registered members, pictures too, they just show them little images.
When John fixed that on the old forum I noticed a jump in new members signing up.
I can change that in the privacy settings but for an unregistered person looking it should be automatically set that they can't see it.
I guess this can't be dome in this format, as it was in the old one.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
OK, I found the first feature I have an issue with: Recapcha. Does the site REALLY need to make sure I am not a robot? Hopefully, that was some kind of snafu and that doesn't become a standard part of getting on the site. It's only happened once, and that's one time too many .

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
OK, I found the first feature I have an issue with: Recapcha. Does the site REALLY need to make sure I am not a robot? Hopefully, that was some kind of snafu and that doesn't become a standard part of getting on the site. It's only happened once, and that's one time too many .
They were working on spam prevention tools last night. It sounds like there was a glitch.

Did it only happen while logging in or was it when you were posting?

Is this still happening today?

- Cricket

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
They were working on spam prevention tools last night. It sounds like there was a glitch.

Did it only happen while logging in or was it when you were posting?

Is this still happening today?

- Cricket
Actually, it happened when I hit the "Post Reply" button after replying to my first post of the evening. I just stay logged in all the time. Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
And here's the next wart: went to edit one of my own posts (a little more than two days after I originally made it) 20200403_161551.jpg , and got this message:

I seem to be able to edit recent posts just fine, though (doing it now).

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket
Leaving aside whether or not that's a good policy (I don't like it, but I understand the rationale), that was the FIRST old post I had tried to edit.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts