Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i don't know how to weather a locomotive and rolling stock can anyone tell me cheap alternative using paint and markers

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
OP - weathering chalks

Ontario, i got a set of weathering markers in question. wanted the rail pens but store only had the "structures" set ("roof brown", "aged concrete" and "grimy black") and i got it to see what it can do. so far i see very limited use to these but it might be because i don't quite know how to apply these properly.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
OP - weathering chalks

Ontario, i got a set of weathering markers in question. wanted the rail pens but store only had the "structures" set ("roof brown", "aged concrete" and "grimy black") and i got it to see what it can do. so far i see very limited use to these but it might be because i don't quite know how to apply these properly.

Tankist, go to this site and check out the "Baking Soda rust" segment...
http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3681097934

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Cheap Pastel Chalks & Matte Sealer!

If you need something cheap....Kids get all kinds of pastel chalks that make great weathering. If you seal them with Clear Acrylic Matte Finish they look great. Saw this in a Model Railroader...if I find the article I'll post it. Just a matter of experimenting with different combos of colors. You can grind the chalks up add water and paint with them. Cheap and simple!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Outstanding!

Hey MTH
"I do believe you pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps!" Make sure you seal the paint,after it drys with the Acrylic sealer(Walmart has it in their Hobby section). Give us some Pics too, and glad it worked for you!:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts