Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Liablitiy statement;
This title is not connected to any company at all! I just name my new friend Weaver.

This story started when I got a refund for a sad looking caboose. So I went back to ebay and bought another one. A 6110 work caboose at the end of its line. Apparently the cab had something rattling inside so I opened it up expecting a piece of the roof but instead, I found a passenger who missed his stop.

Meet Weaver the mummified Worm.. Small Hornets? HA!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ick,

I don't like spider and snakes (or worms either)

I mean, I will bait a hook, but it does not mean I have to like it.

Craig

·
Yard Master & Research
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ick,

I don't like spider and snakes (or worms either)

I mean, I will bait a hook, but it does not mean I have to like it.

Craig
Weaver is so stiff you wouldn't need a hook.:D

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,857 Posts
I thought you put on the black polka dot weathering on it.:D

Weaver.......are you going to dip it in shellac and find a spot on the table for it? :p

It looks like some kind of tool.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I gave him a flower pot in the backyard. RIP

I have to find a suitable stand in. The shellac idea was brief and nixed. He will still live on in memory. This will be his RR car riding in absentia. Sniff Sniff.:eek:hwell:

WHen I first saw the car I was thinking of a toxic green slime car with a few open barrels. That way I could of painted over the spots to fit in. As it turned out they rubbed off.

I still need to clean the wheels and add a shine to the plastic. The chipped roof,
it doesn't match a normal caboose either the center boards are wider. I have some finer points to work out.

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
... Sniff ... sniff ...

Rest in peace, little worm ... rest in peace ...

(Great job on the shell cleanup, T!!!)

TJ

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I had similar breaks on one of mine...I fixed it by filing the roof completely flat and installing a new one made of sheet styrene. I then added the roof walk and stove pipe. After painting, it looks so good, you can't even tell it was broken.

The four wheeler on the right...you can see I also removed the cupola as well.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Black paint. Oil I guess, it discolored the plastic underneath. Lighter spots showed up. I almost saved it as an ugly car but I was itching with the rubbing paste to try it.

The technique has merit and with scotch brite it worked quickly. Show and tells are always fun.

Rumor has it Weaver was tired with trains and opted for a flight. He was last seen on the runway waiting for clearance.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
Great photo, Shay.

What brand of rubbing compound are you using, T? Just something from any auto store or Walmart, etc.?

TJ

·
Yard Master & Research
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made a quick roof repair. One side came off during sanding and super glue had to be used. As I said before, Surface contact is needed to hold the epoxy on. I kinda pushed that to the limit and lost a round.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts