Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
My 1949 Lionel 2151W set purchased earlier this summer from the sister of its original owner. Only needed a few repairs to have everything back up and running, just as she remembered it from when they were kids.

IMG_9557.JPG

·
Registered
114 Posts
That shows in the scene, very nice. The skateboarder fits right in.
Thanks, Mike.

I can also vividly remember setting up a floor layout much like Jake's, during the Christmas holiday season.

Don, Nice colors on the NH unit. Unfortunately, the only NH train I have is a Lionel ALCO 027 passenger set. Need to reconsider...

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob, did it get a little warm during the summer in the attic ? My attic is really stuffy during the summers. I store a lot of my train shipping cartons in the attic in case I ever need them to ship an item.

Bill

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Bob, did it get a little warm during the summer in the attic ? My attic is really stuffy during the summers. I store a lot of my train shipping cartons in the attic in case I ever need them to ship an item.

Bill
Sometimes it gets a little warm and sometimes it gets stupid hot and sometimes it gets too cold. But I do have a gable end fan and a portable space heater so more often than not, it’s a nice place to run trains. Here are a few recent (2017) shots. One from roughly the same angle as the old ones and one from the doorway showing the attic fan.

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_8597.JPG

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
IMG_0580.JPG

#611. My only MTH Premiere locomotive. Would like more.
I got this off ebay at what I thought was a good price. Seems
like it was 200 something. It had served as a display engine
and never ran. Runs and sounds great. No sync smoke but
otherwise I love it. Got a BCR for it a couple weeks ago and
need to install it. I do not have a real layout so it gets photo
on the floor. I guess it is what is called scale size. It is big.
Maybe a little out of scale to my other engines. Still learning
O scale.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Mopac, your J looks great! Premier is scale sized while Railking can be either scale, as in the case of their SW switchers, or slightly smaller than scale O. It depends on the particular locomotive...

Tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts