Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hankerin' for a couple of 1/43 Divco Milk Delivery trucks. I was looking for Sealtest and Borden's. I managed to find a Borden's (plus two others) from a fella over at OGR. Then I bought one from Pat's trains and a couple more on eBay. There are some more at eBay, but the seller is in China and doesn't have a good reputation and won't deal, even though he has a "make best offer" option available.

Anyway, the wife was away today so I got a chance to play around on the computer and search for stuff. Can't do much else. I had hip replacement surgery on Valentine's day and I am still recovering from it. That brings my total replacement parts up to six. Both corneas, both knees and both hips.

Soon enough, I will get back into O Gauge and hear the mighty sound of steam once again.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool Spence. You rival Lee with 1/43's. Wanna part with your Sealtest?

P

·
0 Posts
Get well soon, Bob. Eight weeks and you will feel good again. Having the other one done, you already know that.

The LCCA Sante Fe Divco is still me favorite.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brian. My recovery will be much longer, unfortunately. This operation took just short of five hours. It was complicated because the Doc had to remove a titanium rod in the femur that had been in just short of fifty years. In removing the rod he had to do a lot of work on the femur, and it will take about a year for that bone to heal 100%.

But, in the long run, I am 100% better than I was a month ago. And, I am now almost pain free. The bad hip had been causing me pain for years. I could go on, but I don't want to bore everyone with my medical stuff. Heck, we all have problems, don't we?

Hey, maybe John could start a new forum, "O Gaugers And Their Ailments", LOL.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for one. Growing up in Cleveland, Sealtest was a very popular brand name. My father-in-law (RIP) even worked for them.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for one. Growing up in Cleveland, Sealtest was a very popular brand name. My father-in-law (RIP) even worked for them.
I remember Sealtest from growing up in Ohio, thanks for the memory.

And good luck on your recovery.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bob, Not sure if this has already been suggested, but you might consider buying one of the plain models that are available...paint it the grey color and then pick up Sealtest decals to put on the truck sides. In checking earlier, I saw that Dave’s Decals had what appeared to be stock Sealtest decals on their web site.
I did see some plain Divco models when I was searching earlier this year for a Twin Pines version for my layout. Found one at a hobby shop in northeast Ohio...and it was by MTH. Twin Pines, among others, was a popular brand in the Detroit area when I was growing up...:)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Paul. I may consider that option. My painting skills don't extend much beyond the house and the barn, however. I'm pretty good at that. I was able to purchase a Twin Pines from Pat's Trains yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts