Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this time of the year. The leaves are falling, the days are getting colder, and the traditional train season is upon us. We are at a great time to be in our hobby in my view.

Fall York is just getting over, which is always a thrilling time. Whether you are lucky enough to be able to go or just like to enjoy the pictures and tales of those who do. MTH's new catalog is another annual event that I look forward to.

Train events of all kinds becomes more active as summer activities wind down. There are more train shows, more get-togethers at friends homes, forums are more active, and etc. It's just a great time to enjoy our hobby.

Art

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
When I was a kid I LOVED summer because I could go swimming at a pool or at the shore. I don't do too much swimming these days and summers seem to be more hot and humid...or maybe I don't tolerate the heat and humidity as well.

So now a days fall and spring are the seasons I like.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
At my age I love mid Oct to mid Nov. Low 30's in the morning mid sixties in the sfternoon. It was 31 this morning and it is 62 right now and crystal blue skys, perfect weather for hiking the trails with Tulsa.

Will be hitting my first fall train show next week in Wheeling, there will be a lot of Yellow & Orange on the way into WV.

Bill

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I will admit as I get older I turn into more of a summer guy. I miss being outside the most. Patio, water fountain, trees, breeze, CORVETTE...

That being said the trains are typically ignored while it's warmer. While I do appreciate some of the shift to fall, the colder weather is not something I look forward too.

Next week is our train club "indoor" picnic and swap meet, I look forward to seeing what I may find to kick off the new train season!!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I love Autumn, Winter, and Spring. I'm three-season person and that does not at all include summer.

I'm more at home in the snow & ice than I am in the heat & humidity.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Absolutely. To everything there is a season. Although, I could do without the depths of winter. I've been working on the Christmas layout out in the garage. Six weeks until Thanksgiving weekend when it all gets set up.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Autumn is my favorite season. Once we are past September, I like it best. Once the snow flys, the winter dread kicks in. I am tired of commuting in snow storms! Lol.

I used to enjoy outdoor activities in the Autumn, but stay closer to home these days.

Tom

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
October York is the start of train season for me. The ride down Tuesday and back today was done in nearly cloudless skies and colors are near peak in New York and the Northern Pennsylvania mountains. Always a great ride.
Picked up a couple of projects in York including a UP FEF in pieces and a pre war 248 that a friend wants me to clean up and get some parts for.

Pete

·
Registered
191 Posts
[QUOTE Will be hitting my first fall train show next week in Wheeling, there will be a lot of Yellow & Orange on the way into WV.

Bill[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill, would that be the show at the Kruger Street Museum on Oct. 27? If so, I'm also planning to attend(as long as another health issue doesn't pop up). Maybe I'll see you there-I'll be wearing my blue Air Force Veterans baseball cap. Would be nice to meet a fellow forum member.

·
Admin
43,697 Posts
Good time of the year. All the train meets are heating up, just got back from York and I"m going up to the NJ-HR party tomorrow. In a couple of weeks, it's off to the Allentown Train Show, life is good! :D BTW, great weather for the York show, went down on Thursday morning early, got back this afternoon, not a drop of rain and I got a little sunburn. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
WORKS FOR ME

Life is looking good in the neighborhood. Major Train Show coming up Dec.1st. Menards new Fall offerings coming out. Nice color full Fall foliage change a coming. Maybe a freeze to take the pollen count down some.

LATER

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I also feel that we are entering the best season of all. I may be in the minority here... but I am already looking forward to the first measurable snow fall. If it only snows one day out of the year I want it to be Christmas Eve.

The child in me never gets old. :)

·
Admin
43,697 Posts
I may be in the minority here... but I am already looking forward to the first measurable snow fall.
You may be in that regard! If I don't see any more snow, that's alright with me. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also feel that we are entering the best season of all. I may be in the minority here... but I am already looking forward to the first measurable snow fall. If it only snows one day out of the year I want it to be Christmas Eve.

The child in me never gets old. :)
I too, love a little snow. In fact, my entire layout is covered in snow. Everyone I worked with knew I loved it and anytime it would snow they would come into my office with a sarcastic "Well, I guess you are happy today, aren't you?" to which I would reply "Yes, Yes I am!"

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
GRJ,

What could be better than...

1. Your refrigerator and pantry is fully stocked because the day before you loaded up on groceries and your favorite beverages.

2. You wake up and there is 6-7 inches of beautiful snow so that the view from your window looks like a Hallmark Christmas Card.

3. You enjoy a nice hearty breakfast then pour another LARGE cup of coffee and head downstairs to play with your trains.

Aside from winning $10mm in the lottery, what could be better?

:D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I too, love a little snow. In fact, my entire layout is covered in snow. Everyone I worked with knew I loved it and anytime it would snow they would come into my office with a sarcastic "Well, I guess you are happy today, aren't you?" to which I would reply "Yes, Yes I am!"

Now that is what I talkin' about. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Winter is cold and shivery. Spring is wet and mucky. Summer is hot and sweaty. Fall is pretty nice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts